• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antenna hole or not

Tom S.

Reaction score
Working on a 69 Roadrunner. Broadcast sheet indicates no radio but one was installed after manufacture. I have reason to believe that the right fender was replaced at one time and has what appears to be a correctly manufactured antenna hole. I want to make the car as original as possible so no antenna. Does anyone know if all fenders were manufactured with a hole, and a plug was used to fill it for no radio cars? Or was a fender with no hole used?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fenders started to life with no hole. The hole in the fender was only put there if the car was ordered with a radio. No radio = no hole & no plug.

My car is also a "Radio Not Ordered" car. This is much more accurate than "Radio Delete" even though we all use the term. Someone added a radio at some point in its life because when I bought her she had some goofy add-on antennae that ran up the A-Pillar and was taped to the inside of the windshield. Something from Radio Shack in the seventies no doubt...

Tom S.

Reaction score
Thanks! I thought that was the case until I saw pictures of Chrysler cars with a plug that looked like an antenna base with no mast. They weren't the same year or model as my car so maybe it varied.

dmartin

Reaction score
Go to Home Depot and get you a nice shiny plug that’s the right size(it doesn’t rust)

Back