• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any of y'all ever seen these Road Runner t-shirts before?

Confederate1969

Reaction score
I've been wanting to post these for a while but never got around to it. My mom bought me the blue "Hot Rod" magazine t-shirt back in the 90s about 15 years ago. Still fits me well. As luck had it, the RR on it is B5 blue.

The second shirt is one my dad had hidden in a box in his closet. My mom pulled it out several months ago and gave it to me. It's got the 69, 70, and 71 model RR's, along with a winged warrior :yesnod: .

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I like those shirts! :thumbsup: And I can't say I've seen any before.
Since you started this, does anyone have one of these jackets? I got this one in the early 70s, when they first came out. And no, it dosen't fit anymore! :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Since you started this, does anyone have one of these jackets? I got this one in the early 70s, when they first came out. And no, it dosen't fit anymore! :jester:

Want me to wear it for you during the four days of winter down here...? :lol:

:jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:

Thanks Ray! :acme: But no, I like it just fine where it is now!

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:

Where is the "flipping the guy off smilie".......... :toetap:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
[quote="ACME A12":d6htm8o8]
Roadcuda said:

Where is the "flipping the guy off smilie".......... :toetap:[/quote:d6htm8o8]

That's no way to address the Inn Keeper...unless you've decided to stay home and shovel snow this year... :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
This thread got me thinking about MoPar jackets so I started searching around. Found an original one like Steve's that just sold on E-Bay for $99. Brand new, never been worn, obtained from a retired Chrysler District Manager... Would have liked to have scored that one... :leave:

I knew that the RTS and Scat Pack jackets were being remade so I looked for those too. Mancini has them for $24.95...or you can saunter over to Jim's Auto Parts and grab one for just $89.95... :basketcase: What in the hell is wrong with these people...??? Not the first time that their insane pricing has come up on this forum...:loco:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I have an original white jacket that is a Hurst shifter issue. Has a big patch and a script that says I shift with a Hurst Floor shift.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's some nice stuff! I like the 8 second shirt :drive:

Confederate1969

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
that's some nice stuff! I like the 8 second shirt :drive:

Yea it's my favorite too. Even my wife wears it once in a while. I was at Cracker Barrel the other day and a young woman working there asked me if I like muscle cars because of the Hot Rod logo on my shirt and I said yes. She asked me what I had and I just pointed at the back of my shirt. Took her a second for it to sink in. :crazy:

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
my dad had the white jacket with the blue stripe had it hanging on a nail in the basement and tore it. was able to get the patches before he tossed it!

mannye

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:

Wow! 4 whole days of winter? I dont know how you can stand it. I guess I would have to break down and buy a light jacket. (see? not off topic)

mannye

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:

Wow! 4 whole days of winter? I dont know how you can stand it. I guess I would have to break down and buy a light jacket. (see? not off topic)

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Four days of winter! :brickwall: :brickwall:

It snowed here again Friday! :brickwall:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
mannye said:

The Southern Contingent frequently :acme: our Northern Brothers about the adverse conditions they face during winter...of course this year we all got hammered to some degree or another and only the guys on the western end of the country enjoyed the winter...

As for the jackets, Bob & I both bought the RTS reissues this year at the MATS...I've even worn mine once since I bought it...

Mel69rrvert

Reaction score
I have one of the white road runner jackets hanging on my garage wall in a display frame. I got this jacket from my home town dealer in 1969 when I bought my first 69 road runner convertible new!

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
This thread got me thinking about MoPar jackets so I started searching around. Found an original one like Steve's that just sold on E-Bay for $99. Brand new, never been worn, obtained from a retired Chrysler District Manager... Would have liked to have scored that one... :leave:

I knew that the RTS and Scat Pack jackets were being remade so I looked for those too. Mancini has them for $24.95...or you can saunter over to Jim's Auto Parts and grab one for just $89.95... :basketcase: What in the hell is wrong with these people...??? Not the first time that their insane pricing has come up on this forum...:loco:

Jims auto parts stole my money! Dont buy from them they are as crooked as can be! I bought an intake from them (W5 discontinued) and they never sent it. I filed a complaint with my cc company and the woman there (who is a raging a$$hole) reported that the intake was sent and that I was upset that it wasn't what I wanted and wanted it for free. Well they know the game well and dragged it out till the time limit was up and I gave them $250+ shipping and got nothing. The woman literally screamed at me every time I called. I contemplated buying a plane ticket to pay them a visit and see if she would yell at me then.

By the way its raining cats and dogs here today. I think we will get a 1/2 inch over the next 24 hours. :lmao:

mcmopar

Reaction score
moparchris said:
ACME A12 said:

Jims auto parts stole my money! Dont buy from them they are as crooked as can be! I bought an intake from them (W5 discontinued) and they never sent it. I filed a complaint with my cc company and the woman there (who is a raging a$$hole) reported that the intake was sent and that I was upset that it wasn't what I wanted and wanted it for free. Well they know the game well and dragged it out till the time limit was up and I gave them $250+ shipping and got nothing. The woman literally screamed at me every time I called. I contemplated buying a plane ticket to pay them a visit and see if she would yell at me then.

By the way its raining cats and dogs here today. I think we will get a 1/2 inch over the next 24 hours. :lmao:

I'd have gotten the name of that lady at the cc company and gotten in contact with her supervisor. I've never had anyone at my cc company act like that with me. They took care of the problem immediately. If I were you I'd write the cc company and explain to them why I'd be switching to another cc company.

Back