• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any one remember this ?

jays69bird

Reaction score
I was going through stuff for a garage sale and I found this newsletter from 1987. The Road Runner and GTX assoc. exsisted for a few yeras from around 86 to 89 I believe. Funny thing I never met the guy who ran it face to face,about 11 yrs. give or take ago I ran into him at Carlise, introducing myself I mentioned to him that I had belonged to his club,he not only remebered my name but also mentioned that my brother was in the group too,even though I hadn't mentioned it. Some of the prices I got a kick out of,like a 70 GTX with air grabber and trak pack 4 spd.show condition for $7600 or BO.

R-RGTX.jpg

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I've actually met the guy too... Of all places at a rest stop someplace (I don't remember where) and I was driving my Roadrunner. I never belonged to his "club".

Fast forward a bunch of years and doesn't the guy remember me, my name and where we met based on a picture on the A-12 site. He's a really nice guy. His last name escapes me, it begins with a D and his first name is John. Acme can probably tell us that name. His name there is RoadrunnerJD.

And... here's a connection to our area. He used to race his A-12 car at ESTA drag strip back in the seventies.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
"John Dallian" He and Craig are buddies.

Nice guy. Helped me out with a 4391 center carb for my A12. :thumbsup:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
"John Dallian" He and Craig are buddies.

Nice guy. Helped me out with a 4391 center carb for my A12. :thumbsup:

Yep, that's it.

jays69bird

Reaction score
He had an awesome black A12 back in the day,he was very nice,I think he stopped the club if I remember because of time constaints.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
jays69bird said:
He had an awesome black A12 back in the day,he was very nice,I think he stopped the club if I remember because of time constaints.

He has a BEAUTIFUL A4 colored A12 now. Also used to own one of the handful of '69 Hemi RR Drop Tops. He has had some cars... :yesnod:

A31PKG

Reaction score
John expressed an interest recently in joining the nest...I'll give him a little nudge. He was at Carlisle this year with his A4 A12 and won first place. A great guy with a WEALTH of MOPAR knowledge. Big street/strip drag racer back in the day. He's had Hemi's and 6BBL's, but to hear him talk about those days, you'd swear he liked his 383 car the best. He's currently working on a beautiful 69 B5 Barracuda fastback, 4-speed with a/c. He spends most of his time on the 'Parts and Lift Off Hood forum. I'll try and get him over here....

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
John expressed an interest recently in joining the nest...I'll give him a little nudge. He was at Carlisle this year with his A4 A12 and won first place. A great guy with a WEALTH of MOPAR knowledge. Big street/strip drag racer back in the day. He's had Hemi's and 6BBL's, but to hear him talk about those days, you'd swear he liked his 383 car the best. He's currently working on a beautiful 69 B5 Barracuda fastback, 4-speed with a/c. He spends most of his time on the 'Parts and Lift Off Hood forum. I'll try and get him over here....

Looks like you were successful, Craig. Good job! :cheers:

:jester:
ACME

roadrunner4life

Reaction score
Thought I'd share some of the items I kept as I was member of Johns club, That's my bird at the bottom of the newsletter. This was taken at a hotel John had reserved for members 1987 mopar nationals, Columbus, Ohio

steve.f

Reaction score
i joined this club when i was 14. I wrote him a letter stating how i wasnt your average kid who thought a set wheels made a cool car.I thought it was so awsome to be allowed in a car club @14 & recieve a letter from the pres. likeing my car. You sure brought back some memories!

Back