• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any pics of the headliner and the rear interior

nicanor

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of the rear of the interior? I have no interior except seats and dash and the front doors panels are easy to find, but I don't know what I need for the headliner and sides in the back. I bought the 9 1/2 inch armrest bases for front and back, though I'm not sure if the A21 had armrests in the back. I don't know what sails are and it seems to me like the rear interior sides has something similar to door panels. It also has some metal pieces about 2 feet long and 6 inches wide and I don't know where they go. I'm a little lost.

Thanks,
Barry

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Barry, I can help you zero in on what you need, but I don't know if I can do this today.

No A21 code. That is elastomeric bumpers for '70-'71 cars.
You probably meant A12, which your car is not. This is the option package for 440 six-barrel cars.

The interior decor code that you're thinking of is A87. This is the Road Runner Decor Group. You car does not have this either. Your car gets the black, reed grain baseline Belvedere interior with the bottom-feeder steering wheel. (Just like mine - except that mine is blue.) No rear armrests, and the stainless trim above the door panels and rear seat panels is painted black. Not polished - Painted black. Same for the armrest bezels on the doors. Black. Not chrome. This is how it came. Now if you want to dress it up a bit, well it's your car and you do what you want. No one on here will give you any flack.

I can probably take some pictures of what you need, as my car has all of the trim intact with the rear section of the headliner ripped out. It was hanging down when I bought the car and I just ripped it out. Maybe this evening - depends on how the steering system overhaul on my John Deere goes... :brickwall:

Here is a pic of how your interior is supposed to look. Not great, but all I have. Maybe one of the other post owners has exactly what you need...

Ray

nicanor

Reaction score
Thanks Ray. I don't plan on doing the interior right away, so whenever you get to it, I'd appreciate pictures. Still getting the engine back together. Hopefully have the car on the road at the end of the week. Then I'll get it in the shop to have the whole front end rebuilt and disc brakes put on. Trying to find and buy parts as I go along.

Building the 69 Corvette was so much easier. But they're a dime a dozen out here.

Thanks again,
Barry

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Barry, here are some pics taken this evening. Ignore the ripped out section of the headliner...

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
more...notice that the stainless trim above the door panel is painted, not polished. Same for the rear panels. This is what I mentioned earlier. My armrest bezels are supposed to be a much darker blue, but my car spent its entire life in SW Texas and the interior got COOKED. This is why they appear more blue-green...they're just faded to hell.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Nice pics are those before or after :jester: The 2dr hardtops have a sail panel at the back.

nicanor

Reaction score
Thank you for the pictures. They will really help.

Barry

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
nicanor said:
Thank you for the pictures. They will really help.

Barry

You're welcome. Mrs. ACME wandered out into the garage while I was fighting with the lawn tractor. I asked her to go retrieve her camera and told her what you wanted. Those pics are her handiwork. By the time I finished with the lawn tractor and came inside she already had them downloaded on the compooter and ready to go... :thumbsup:

In the pic she took of the side trim and sunvisor you can see the steering wheel of the JD sticking way up in the air...second time in less than 2 years I'm having to replace the steering sector gear and pinion gear on that POS... Crappy design...but I digress... :lol:

:jester:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
This is why they appear more blue-green...they're just transforming to the true color.... :yesnod:

I KNEW one of you greenies was going to zero in on that line...and my gut told me it would be none other than ole Agent Green himself... :lmao:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Basketcase said:
This is why they appear more blue-green...they're just transforming to the true color.... :yesnod:
I was gonna say, now I understand why we saw so much of that green car in the pics!!!! :pot:

What green car? Are you referring to my "turquoise" Malibu by chance...??? :D

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:
Basketcase said:
I was gonna say, now I understand why we saw so much of that green car in the pics!!!! :pot:

What green car? Are you referring to my "turquoise" Malibu by chance...??? :D
yeah the one with the television on the quarter panel :basketcase:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that'll leave a mark(and not the one on the car......) :acme:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
that'll leave a mark(and not the one on the car......) :acme:

Can't even see it; just blends in with all of the other marks I already have... :basketcase:

Back