• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any West TN, North MS guys here?

Confederate1969

Reaction score
As it's been a little while I figure there may be some new members here. Anyone here in the West TN or North MS area? I have asked around locally for recommendations on machine shops that could do my machine work for my 383. But after three years I have come to the conclusion this area has none left. The only one or two that I'm aware of in Memphis are awful from the reviews I hear.

Would love to know if there are any good reputable machine shops from Memphis to Nashville or to over in Little Rock or down in Jackson MS.

dbc105

Reaction score
Where in Tenn. are you located? I am in Florence, Al. I am currently working on a '68 Satellite, 383 auto. I got lucky and the engine had been rebuilt just before I bought it so I don't have to do anything with it. There is a machine shop in Lawrenceburg that I know a lot of the Round Track guys go to for machine work though I have never used him. His name is Ed Nix and his number is 931-762-3977. Maybe that will help. Good luck with it.

DC

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
dang it! quit belng such a stranger! someone here had a free 383 within the last year!

Confederate1969

Reaction score
Im in Memphis. And yea I need to stick around more. I still do want to rebuild my own 383, though in the interim I wouldnt mind a free one. :)

Back