• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody ever have any luck repairing a split seat cover?

SuperStockDodge

Reaction score
image 5.jpg

My seat started splitting recently in my 69 and I was wondering if anybody ever had any luck with a repair job on a seat...can't decide if I want to try to find somebody who can fix it or just replace the cover.

I was a bit shocked at the prices of the new covers and I wonder how well they really match the rest of the original interior.

Also, and keep in mind I am sorta new at the Road Runner thing, but are the covers for the 68 the same as the 69...I was having a hard time figuring out which ones I need on the Classic Industries page...the 68 looked more like what I need.

image 4.jpg

I have really only ever done custom interior stuff on hot rods in the past, trying to figure out this original stuff is killing me LOL.

image 4.jpg

image 5.jpg

Last edited:

quikbird

Reaction score
material looks good, would bet it is repairable. visit a couple upholstry shops and see what they say

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
I've had really good luck with upholstery repairs. - Always got a perfect match. The ones I've dealt with had a large variety of grain patterns.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I don't think you'll have much luck getting that fixed without reworking the cover. A good upholstery guy could stitch it up, but you might not like how it looks after.

Regarding buying a new cover.... Buy one from Legendary Auto Interiors. I don't know who makes them for Classic, but you can buy direct from Legendary.

Years ago, I bought a set of new bucket seat covers for my A12 from them. The driver's seat was rough, but the passenger seat was perfect. I replaced the driver's seat cover and it was 3 or 4 years later before the passenger seat needed replacing. In that time, I had one Legendary seat cover and one original cover. You could not tell the difference between the two seats.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mine had new Legendary interior when I bought it. looks great.

Back