• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody got a door latch rod??

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for a door latch rod for the passenger side. For some reason, the clip that attaches to the rod on the passenger side keeps breaking which prevents me from being able to open the passenger door from the outside; inside door handle will still open the door.

Gary thinks that maybe the passenger side latch rod may have a different angle or something and that maybe we're using a driver's side latch rod for both sides and it's breaking the clip on the passenger side.

Are they different and anyone know where I can get one??

Thanks

John

bstan70rr

Reaction score
I had an interesting find today concerning this same part on the driver side. The bottom of the door latch rod had a weld that prevented the bottom of the rod from coming off. I removed the whole latch assembly and glass track because I just could not figure our why the rod would not disengage. I am 99.9% sure that this would not have come from the factory like this, but somebody took some effort to not have to use the original fastener???

Back