• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone headed to Carisle this weekend?

RonLiv

Reaction score
I'm the Darker B7 Blue rag top with the white boot. B5 Vert to my driver side. Passenger side is a Roadrunner Forum member, anyone want to guess? The car to his passenger side was a Florida car, just finished restoration w/the recall wheels - he said they are the real deal. The wheels looked brand new, I wasn't so sure.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Should have moved the tent over your car when he was strolling around.:lol: Holly cow look at all those cars how many where roadrunner. RonLiv.
If you count the A12 cars, which why wouldn't you, I'm guessing maybe 50 69 Roadrunners. There were a good number of 1970 cars and 71 & up. The B5 car next to me won 2nd prize in our class.

quikbird

Reaction score
They do have those little scooters you can rent. But don't worry, they don't create the chaos that those damn golf carts do at the Nats.
Looked into one of those scooters at good guys. Wanted $80.00 a day here. Pulled out my cane and started walking. Hip surgery on Thursday. Will be ready to go next year.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Looked into one of those scooters at good guys. Wanted $80.00 a day here. Pulled out my cane and started walking. Hip surgery on Thursday. Will be ready to go next year.
I've done the hip thing two times, each hip. Hip resurfacing surgery, similar to a replacement. The rehab is the same though, not bad at all. You'll be glad you did. Couple weeks you're walking.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Even though I like the B5 blue. If I where a judge would have a hard time deciding between your car and the other guys. So I would have probably given my vote for yours because of the white interior. Like the color combo. Russ.
Thanks Russ! Since I'm kinda new to this car show thing, one thing I have learned at the participant voted shows is sometimes it's who you know. Taking nothing away from the B5 car, it was stunning for sure, and well deserving of any award offered. Plus the owners were very nice people who I hung with a fair amount of the time under their tent. There was a Y2 car, also a vert, which was absolutely perfect, not sure if it won anything or not. The results posting left a little to be desired, all they show is the year & make of the car and the owners name. Really? With near 3,000 cars there am I supposed to know everyone?

Last edited:

RonLiv

Reaction score
Nice meeting you at Carlisle, Ron.

The A12 Reunion was a nice little show within a show.
Great to meet you as well and the other members of this Forum page. You guys are a hoot! The A12 display was cool, to many Bee's. LOL

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great to meet you as well and the other members of this Forum page. You guys are a hoot!
That group has been meeting up at Carlisle for years. Most of us know one-another pretty well and so there are a lot of good natured jabs traded - which I am sure that you also see here on the forum. We're always open to seeing new faces there and I'm sure I speak for all when I state that we were glad to make your acquaintance.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That group has been meeting up at Carlisle for years. Most of us know one-another pretty well and so there are a lot of good natured jabs traded - which I am sure that you also see here on the forum. We're always open to seeing new faces there and I'm sure I speak for all when I state that we were glad to make your acquaintance.
Ron if you put up with Ray for 10 minutes you must be alright :poke:

RonLiv

Reaction score
There were 5 - 69 Rag Tops that I saw. Mine, the B5 car, a black one with no fender tag that I think I've seen for sale a while back. I was interested in the car and discussed it with the seller who got a little snooty with me when I asked about the fender tag, as it clearly had a re-pop tag, and the car had no documentation, so I walked by that car. A red one with a 2nd generation hemi, walked by, not my thing. For me it didn't belong there, should have been with the modified cars. But this Y2 car I liked a lot. It was really clean and well done. Not a big fan of the wheels though, I would of went with original or Magnum 500's. Although they look nice on the car for sure. But of the 5 verts, this one was clearly the best car, I thought.
20190715_115620 (3).jpg 20190715_115543 (1).jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If you count the A12 cars, which why wouldn't you, I'm guessing maybe 50 69 Roadrunners. There were a good number of 1970 cars and 71 & up. The B5 car next to me won 2nd prize in our class.
Looks like he added wheel lip moldings, I don't think they were a RR option but I was wrong once before LOL

RonLiv

Reaction score
I don't think the fender tag is authentic. He had a repo of the window sticker, but I didn't take a picture of it. 66644082_1142463385960669_4109152850267865088_n[1].jpg

Back