• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ashy22 Intro

ashy22

Reaction score
Hi,
I live in Manchester in England, United Kingdom and have always been into American cars since i was a kid.
I already own a 1971 454 Corvette LS5 which I bought from the states in 1993.
Twenty years have passed since then so I thought it was about time that I added a classic muscle car, hence me looking at this site for ideas and advice.
Parts for the vette were never a problem even in the UK but not to sure about Plymouth parts.

I love the 60's Roadrunner shape.

My daily runaround is a Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi (converted to LPG as its half the price of petrol or gas as you guys call it.)

Right lets get looking.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

ashy22

earlyrides

Reaction score
Welcome from SoCal

Welcome Ashy.
There is no doubt from any of us here that the car you will want to find is a 69 Road Runner.
They have classic looks along with plenty of power on the low end of the engine options and stupid amounts of power on the upper end of the engine options.
You can be assured that you will get plenty of encouragement and tech support from all of us here as you find a car and then work to get it right and make it your own.

Remember..You can always get a Chebbie or Blue oval and then modify it to try to go fast...
or...
Just get a stock Mopar and scare yourself silly having fun with the throttle.
Good luck and keep us updated with what you get.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome! we have another member fom the UK (Steve). he can tell you about the parts.

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a '68 runner! Go get it if it looks good!

From the pictures on ebay the 68 looks really clean. However, if you go an look at the 68, check these areas for rust; torsion bar cross member, the rear frame rails, trunk, and along each of the rear fender and quarter panels. Check for boxing or repairs to the frame. Because of the light blue paint color it is hard to tell if any works has been done on the car. Remember it is an old car and it will have some rust, which can be repaired. It has been worked on, I only say this because the engine compartment is flat black.

Last edited:

jays69bird

Reaction score
Welcome to the board. Nothing wrong with a 68,69,or 70,all great cars.The 69 just happens to be my favorite.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
noting at all with '68s. If you're asking about the e bay car....
not sure that is a factory color, so I'd check the body out,rear window channel prone to rust, and because of that the trunk floor likes to rust. The quarter panel mounted antenna is definatly incorrect. seems a little high on the price to me, but your options overseas are probably limited.and the black engine bay is also wrong. The black out on the hood is corect for a '68, just not sure it was done correctly.

ashy22

Reaction score
noting at all with '68s. If you're asking about the e bay car....
not sure that is a factory color, so I'd check the body out,rear window channel prone to rust, and because of that the trunk floor likes to rust. The quarter panel mounted antenna is definatly incorrect. seems a little high on the price to me, but your options overseas are probably limited.and the black engine bay is also wrong. The black out on the hood is corect for a '68, just not sure it was done correctly.

Thanks for that basketcase.

The price is a bit high but it does look pretty much rust free and comes fitted with a tight 440 and a rebuilt spare 383 that is actually the original engine.

Were all the 1968 383 blocks painted turqouise in color?

It's just that the spare 383 with this is painted orangey red and its supposed to be the original matching numbers motor.

Found this one as well

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200962283305?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Again your expertise is required if you don't mind.

Cheers

Ashy22

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yes the '68s had the turqouise engines, '69s had them if you got air conditioning.
I like the second car. can't beat a four speed for the fun factor. I see a radio, but no antenna? and a lower price.

4spd69RR

Reaction score
yes the '68s had the turqouise engines, '69s had them if you got air conditioning.
I like the second car. can't beat a four speed for the fun factor. I see a radio, but no antenna? and a lower price.

Ditto! the second car is in a much better condition and it a 4 speed!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Agreed, I think this is a better car especially if you want an original car. The only mods I see are as he mentioned that were made to the engine. The other one looks to be a good car but it has been modified in several areas. The choice will depend on which is more important to you. Originality, or a modified car.

Back