• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

axxmann Intro

axxmann

Reaction score
I own a 69 R4 Red Plymouth Roadrunner, born a 383 it is now a 440, four speed, what they call a spring special. I was told this when I bought it but I really don't believe it.

As a young man I had my first 69 Roadrunner. I paid $400.00 for the car with a rod knock and the drivers side had seen a guard railed. I did not care. I rebuilt the motor had the body fixed and picked up a 426 Max Wedge out of a 63 Belvedere . I paid $75.00 dollars for the motor! I loved that care but during the oil embargo I had to let it go. Just to fair I must say my wife and I also own 2 Corvettes a 73 and a 2004 Commemorative that I got for my wife. My boys always wanted me to have another Roadrunner so here I am.

droptop

Reaction score
Welcome. The spring special included the light package and upper body moldings among other things. Those items are missing in your picture, so even though it is not a spring special, it is still a very nice car.

djais1801

Reaction score
where do you see a picture?
Welcome. The spring special included the light package and upper body moldings among other things. Those items are missing in your picture, so even though it is not a spring special, it is still a very nice car.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Welcome to the bird club brother. My friend had a 69 runner always wanted one had a charger instead that is what my dad helped me buy he said I would kill my self with that 426 with the six pack but really wanted it. So now a few month's back got me a 69 with a 383 two post that someone had put a automatic in and now have the four speed and going to put it back in after I get done with all of this rust it's every where. Well welcome from Fl.

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Hey welcome from France, and wish you and everyone around here a Happy new year!

Back