• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

back to my ac problem

bstan70rr

Reaction score
I did not really consider the EPR valve when I had problems with my first new compressor. I should have thought of it because of how tight it fits into the compressor and the way it could easily block the flow of freon through the system.

According to my extensive internet research, I should have planned on changing the valve to a "thermal clutch cutoff switch???" I had no idea!!! My second new compressor came with what appears to be the switch I need. I guess someone figured out why I was returning the first compressor. Anyway, I believe this should solve the problem.

Now, here is my new problem: I have no idea how to hook it up or even where. It has two connections for wires on one end and a small threaded male end on the other. ??? The trheaded end looks about the size of the expansion valve fitting, but I am sure it has nothing to do with that. The two wire connections are prongs like the ends that receive the horn and alternator connections. They are 1 inch long brown plastic female ends.

I will try to post a picture of it, but I am hoping there is someone that has some idea of what the hell I am looking at.

Back