• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back to the Shop We Go....

dobie

Reaction score
So last week I took the bird to a little shop for the headliner. I was hesitant as the shop is about 30 miles away, and I had to leave her there over the weekend. Im kinda paranoid if you guys didnt know..... :D

This guy is pretty highly recommended though, although he isnt cheap. I actually met another customer of his about 3 weeks ago while I was at work. A guy got a trailer stolen and while there I noticed a bunch of car parts. He's currently working on a 72 Torino, but he had a Galaxy several years ago. While chatting with him about my little project and what needs done, he mentioned the same guy for the headliner. He had used him about 5 yrs ago and said his work was amazing. That made me feel a bit better.

So..... here's the before pics. The car is done, and Im going up later today to pick her up. I'll update with after pics later tonight or tomorrow.

1-34.jpg
2-33.jpg
3-30.jpg
4-27.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I know where your coming from, its true with any of my property its just to hard to come by we work hard for it. I keep telling myself its insured but I don't rest well :crazy:

dobie

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I know where your coming from, its true with any of my property its just to hard to come by we work hard for it. I keep telling myself its insured but I don't rest well :crazy:

Yeah, no doubt.

dobie

Reaction score
So here's the after pics. Im pretty impressed. Not bad at all. The pictures kinda suck, and what looks like dirt or something on the headliner is from the camera. Not sure what happened. Anyways, not a wrinkle or a mark anywhere. Still have a few finishing touches to add, but the headliner is finally up!!

1-35.jpg
2-34.jpg
3-31.jpg
4-28.jpg
5-24.jpg
6-20.jpg

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Steve,
Nice job he did and that green liner really shows off verygood :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
looks great Steve. was the the final piece?

dobie

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I cant believe the difference having the carpet put in and the headliner up made to the car. It actually looks like a complete car now. The headliner was the last thing I wanted to get done this year. It definitely completes it. The visors got to be put in, and Ive got one more trim piece that goes along the bottom rear window and the package tray area. Id also like to wipe everything down to. Its pretty bad, as you can see in the pictures.

My list for next year is growing longer and more expensive though. She needs a new steering box and another alignment afterwards. I also have to replace the pinion gear in the rear end. Ive known about that for several years, but I haven't driven the car much. Now that she's on the road, that's gotta be done. The front seat has a broken spring or two, and Ive got foam falling down the back of it, so that needs done.

Always something, for sure!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That looks great Steve! I know what you mean about things to do to our cars. It seems like all of mine need something minor done to them. It just never ends!!

dobie

Reaction score
Thanks again guys. Definitely made a big difference.

I couldn't get the visors on though. Looking at what I have, I'm not sure if I have the wrong visors. It looks like the hole in the roof is perfectly round....the post on the visor is round, with an extra "tab" if you will. It doesn't seem that the visor is sitting up there like it should. There were no visors when I bought it, and the ones I have now were a swap meet find advertised as B body's.

Back