• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bambilicious Lives...

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got the new gas tank in today. Sending unit scored a zero on the bench test; I had already planned on a new one during the resto so that's no big deal at all... Sounds good with the exhaust system quieted back down...seems back to normal now...think I'll try one of those Toyota gas pedals as a possible fix for the WOT issue... :lol:

In other Bambi-related news... I told you guys that I finally got a passenger side splash shield earlier this week from the Bayer Boys (looks like the original was removed when someone tried to install some kind of makeshift antennae on my radio-delete car :loco: ). Well, I picked it up on Wednesday, had the boys at Delta Air Lines' shipping/receiving build me a box for it on Thursday, and checked it as luggage on my flight home last night. Well, Mr. Murphy got involved and DAL lost the box... My roll-aboard suitcase made it but the splash shield couldn't make the hour flight from Atlanta to Tampa... Filed a lost bag claim and they told me it should make it in later last night. This morning at 3 A.M. my cell phone goes off - Tom Sawyer by Rush is my ringtone for general usage - and as much as I love Rush I don't want to hear Tom Sawyer at 3 A.M. Most nights anyway... :D So the voice on the other end of the phone identifies himself as a driver for some expedited courier service and he has my box. I tell him to bring it by later today. He replies with "I'm standing outside your front door." When I opened the door he apologized for waking me and said "they told me this HAD to be delivered tonight." Okay, I guess??? I know I never said that. Trust me, I wasn't planning an all nighter to get it stripped, painted, and installed... Well, looking on the bright side I am thankful that they found it... :D

:jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Got the new gas tank in today. Sending unit scored a zero on the bench test; I had already planned on a new one during the resto so that's no big deal at all... Sounds good with the exhaust system quieted back down...seems back to normal now...think I'll try one of those Toyota gas pedals as a possible fix for the WOT issue... :lol:

In other Bambi-related news... I told you guys that I finally got a passenger side splash shield earlier this week from the Bayer Boys (looks like the original was removed when someone tried to install some kind of makeshift antennae on my radio-delete car :loco: ). Well, I picked it up on Wednesday, had the boys at Delta Air Lines' shipping/receiving build me a box for it on Thursday, and checked it as luggage on my flight home last night. Well, Mr. Murphy got involved and DAL lost the box... My roll-aboard suitcase made it but the splash shield couldn't make the hour flight from Atlanta to Tampa... Filed a lost bag claim and they told me it should make it in later last night. This morning at 3 A.M. my cell phone goes off - Tom Sawyer by Rush is my ringtone for general usage - and as much as I love Rush I don't want to hear Tom Sawyer at 3 A.M. Most nights anyway... :D So the voice on the other end of the phone identifies himself as a driver for some expedited courier service and he has my box. I tell him to bring it by later today. He replies with "I'm standing outside your front door." When I opened the door he apologized for waking me and said "they told me this HAD to be delivered tonight." Okay, I guess??? I know I never said that. Trust me, I wasn't planning an all nighter to get it stripped, painted, and installed... Well, looking on the bright side I am thankful that they found it... :D

Maybe they didn't want to chance losing it agan!

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Good thing they located it and returned it, but 3:30am?! Yikes!

So you are a Rush fan? I've always liked Rush. Favorite album of mine is 2112.
I saw them live for the first time last year on the Snakes and Arrows tour - GREAT show!
I am also a drummer since I was 12, Neil Peart has not lost a step and played the classics note for note.....something a lot of drummers can't claim once they get a little long in the tooth.... :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:

I saw them live for the first time last year on the Snakes and Arrows tour - GREAT show!
I am also a drummer since I was 12, Neil Peart has not lost a step and played the classics note for note.....something a lot of drummers can't claim once they get a little long in the tooth.... :jester:

Huge Rush fan. Neil Peart is the Buddy Rich of Rock & Roll. When Neil is 80 he'll still be better than 90% of all R&R drummers are/were/will be at their respective zeniths. BTW If you haven't read any of his books you're really missing out...

I first saw them in '83 on the Signals Tour. I've seen them several times since, most recently on the R30 & Snakes and Arrows Tours. If you don't have the R30 DVD you should get it. My wife is mostly a country music fan, but over the years even she has garnered an appreciation for their heartfelt & inspirational lyrics and the wall of sound produced by only three guys... There are/have been more good rock bands than you can shake a stick at; there is only one Rush... "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Professor on the drum kit..." :yesnod:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
roadrunnerh said:

Huge Rush fan. Neil Peart is the Buddy Rich of Rock & Roll. When Neil is 80 he'll still be better than 90% of all R&R drummers are/were/will be at their respective zeniths. BTW If you haven't read any of his books you're really missing out...

I first saw them in '83 on the Signals Tour. I've seen them several times since, most recently on the R30 & Snakes and Arrows Tours. If you don't have the R30 DVD you should get it. My wife is mostly a country music fan, but over the years even she has garnered an appreciation for their heartfelt & inspirational lyrics and the wall of sound produced by only three guys... There are/have been more good rock bands than you can shake a stick at; there is only one Rush... "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Professor on the drum kit..." :yesnod:

I first saw then on the big money tour 86 or so sen them like 10 since twice for the snakes an arrows

Back