• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Been awhile

Roof man

I'm putting on a sticker that going to say these s
Reaction score
Hey guys hope all are well and the birds are taking flight. I have been tying to solve carb problems. Couldn't get the big holly to settle in and was instructed to buy an edlebrock 650. I put it on and it idles great but has a huge hesitation when trying to go. Know I'm told its not getting enough fuel. I going to have. New 650 or sale I anyone wants it. Any thoughts to my fuel crisis. Thx

cj69RR

Reaction score
Need some more info from you, what size motor do you have and the cam you are running along with compression ratio and cylinder heads. This will help us help you.

Roof man

Reaction score
Hey thanks I new I should've given more info. 440 with 915 heads don't know what size cam or compression.

moparchris

Reaction score
Edelbrocks suck put your Holley back on. If the idle is high then you can turn down the secondary idles speed by removing the carb turn it over and there is a screw on the secondary shaft. Turn it down half a turn and put it back on and readjust the idle with the primary screw.

moparstuart

Reaction score
Edelbrocks suck put your Holley back on. If the idle is high then you can turn down the secondary idles speed by removing the carb turn it over and there is a screw on the secondary shaft. Turn it down half a turn and put it back on and readjust the idle with the primary screw.

bullshit holley suck , the eddies are great have 4 of them all run like a top

Roof man

Reaction score
The holly is old and has seen is day. My hot rod shop s taking her in today. Adjust secondaries and rejet. If that doesn't work duel feed double pump holly.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Most people shy away from Holley because they never worked with them but they do provide the best performance when tuned. I have a 750 Carter I also like which Edelbrock is a copy of, but some how they messed them up from what Ive read.

jays69bird

Reaction score
Holley vs. Carter ( Edelbrock) the debate continues:horse: Actually when tuned right most carbs will work,I worked with a guy at Par-K motors who had a 340 Duster with a Rochester quadra bog and it actually ran pretty strong.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Holley vs. Carter ( Edelbrock) the debate continues:horse: Actually when tuned right most carbs will work,I worked with a guy at Par-K motors who had a 340 Duster with a Rochester quadra bog and it actually ran pretty strong.

Quadra bogs are good carbs :lol:

jays69bird

Reaction score
Quadra bogs are good carbs :lol:
The last few years Chrysler made 4 barrel carb motors they all had Rochester's on them,the police cars,heck I had an 86 Ramcharger back in the day that had a 360 with a Quadrajet.

Roof man

Reaction score
The crb is all tuned and still a hesitation at full throttle other than that it runs great. 650 edlebrock thunder. I will run with that for know. Probably switch to holly dual feed double pump. Thanks for all your replies.

Back