• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best place for 727 transmission electric temperature gauge?

inri

Reaction score
Hello all,

The John Cope 727 transmission has arrived. I want to install an electrical temp gauge but would prefer not to drill and tape the trans pan. I've read online that Mopar used to use the rear servo for the location of the sensor. Would this still be applicable now? Nowadays the pans usually have a port for the sensor.
Car will be street driven 99% of time and engine will produce 700+ hp (Gen 3 Hemi). I do have an oil cooler for the transmission too.
Thanks in advance.

dmartin

Reaction score
I would think that if you put a big enough radiator in it that would keep cool enough I would believe

inri

Reaction score
For the future readers of this post, the rear servo is a good location. Happy Thanksgiving all.

vso737

Reaction score
Hello all,

The John Cope 727 transmission has arrived. I want to install an electrical temp gauge but would prefer not to drill and tape the trans pan. I've read online that Mopar used to use the rear servo for the location of the sensor. Would this still be applicable now? Nowadays the pans usually have a port for the sensor.
Car will be street driven 99% of time and engine will produce 700+ hp (Gen 3 Hemi). I do have an oil cooler for the transmission too.
Thanks in advance.

I just installed the temperature sending unit on the reverse servo port, 1/8" NPT. I did NOT like seeing the sending unit inside the servo cavity so I redid it using an extension so nothing would go past the casing. Just like the original plug.
My gauge works great.
P1110028.JPG P1110028.JPG P1110028.JPG P1110028.JPG P1110028.JPG P1110028.JPG P1110028.JPG

Back