• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best shocks for a 68' RR

Mstone68RR440

Reaction score
It's time to replace the worn out shocks on my Runner. I know Bilstein makes a great shock, just looking for any other input on other reputable brands and best place to purchase. Weekend driver, looking for better ride and better response.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If your after a good road ride and not road racing go to a good gas charged shock. I even look for the non gas for the original ride, these cars are long compared to todays cars.

Mstone68RR440

Reaction score
Ended up getting a set of new KYB Gas adjusts for $118 delivered from Rock Auto. Very happy with the feel of the car now, couldn't justify the extra $300 for Bilsteins with the amount of driving I do, so that money will go to a new intake and possibly carb.

jays69bird

Reaction score
Plain old gas shocks from Advance Auto,made a nice difference.

mahoney0_00_3

Reaction score
if you want to drag race 6 cyl shocks are the way to go!in the front at least/if you have a heavy tire + rim you want HD reg shocks but if you have a very lite rim and tire the gas ride is nicer-I swaped a set of 1970 alum slot mags and the ride was a lot better on my other car.attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

dobie

Reaction score
Ended up getting a set of new KYB Gas adjusts for $118 delivered from Rock Auto. Very happy with the feel of the car now, couldn't justify the extra $300 for Bilsteins with the amount of driving I do, so that money will go to a new intake and possibly carb.

Thats where I got mine from too. :encouragement:

Back