• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big decision to make - need advice and opinions.

torredcuda

Reaction score
So my first road runner I had back in 1980 was a `70 383, 4 spd, red with black bench interior but when I decided I needed another one in 2000 I wanted it to be a factory FC7 car. My dream would have been 440-6 or Hemi, 4 spd, white bucket interior but the old "champagne taste on a beer budget" always kicks in. What I found that I could afford was a fairly solid, low option model with black bench interior. Since my `72 Barracuda is a modified, fun car my original thought was to keep the road runner a nice stock cruiser, adding the air grabber hood (because it`s too cool not to but also have the stock hood to switch out if I want), possibly stripes and a few "Day Two" add ons but otherwise build it stock per fender tag. My dilemna is I really love white interior on the In-Violet - it really makes it pop so I`m debating changing mine from black to white. I know "my car, do I want with it" but I think it would bug me a little knowing it should be black (damn brain!).So what are you guys thoughts, even though I am a long ways off from interior redo I need to plan way ahead and order stuff do to long lead times for interior stuff from Legendary? Below is what it would like if I add stripes, it is coded for the Go-Wing.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0119-357510/1970-plymouth-road-runner/

or other than wheels, with black interior

https://www.streetsideclassics.com/vehicles/2200-dfw/1970-plymouth-road-runner

torredcuda

Reaction score
OK, so I may jumped the gun a bit thinking I can get white interior, mine is coded for Medium grade black bench not the more common High grade pattern. I have never seen a Medium grade bench in white - only black, blue and brown and looking at Legendary`s catalog those are the only colors they list. I know Legendary can do custom orders but was white available in Medium bench? I guess if it was not and I have it done I can brag my car is a "1 of 1 known to exist" with that interior.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
Keep the original (?) black bench.
White has drawbacks.
I've got one in one car.
But it's hotter here.
They show dirt and get stained looking.
Black is hotter.
Got a black one as well.
If you have never ordered from Legendary, expect a long wait time.

torredcuda

Reaction score
I have a white interior in my Barracuda so I know all about it - but still love it. I just put in Viper seats I had redone to match the factory pattern. As I said I am a ways off from needing interior stuff but I know the lead times are 6-8 months so I want to order now.

cuda 2022 int.jpg

cuda 2022 int2.jpg

1968 man

Reaction score
Keep the original (?) black bench.
White has drawbacks.
I've got one in one car.
But it's hotter here.
They show dirt and get stained looking.
Black is hotter.
Got a black one as well.
If you have never ordered from Legendary, expect a long wait time.
8 Months on the seat covers for my 70 RR. Two tone blue. B5 and B7. Won't be here until May. Geeeeeeeezzzzzz

torredcuda

Reaction score
I decided to stick with black as that is how it came factory, and I already have white in the Barracuda.

Back