• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big shout out to Mancini racing & the guys at Firecore

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
Decided to try the sort of new Firecore distributor this weekend. Had a simple mechanical advance only distributor $99 from 440source. it workd but had to bend the tabs inside of it to get the min / max timing right.

This FireCore diz works very well I could tell right off the bat a smoother timing curve, seamless acceleration and no loss of power or even a hiccup. Hats off to those guys who made it very well done. The only adjustments I made was to back out the vacuum advance about 7-9 turns to get it down to 38 all in @ 3k. Also had to put a washer or two under the hold down nut, old diz had a thicker base no biggy.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/maravaadeldi.html

Here it is installed.

20140407_165935.jpg

20140407_165838.jpg

20140407_165804.jpg

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
Yes I was pleasantly surprised at how well it went. @ 9.6:1 and 91 oct a total of 38° all in it idles well at 600 the launch is smoother and a bit quicker. Very smooth a definite difference in feel all around. Was $$$ well spent for once lol

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
Mancini gets the nod.... I use them allot, might try a Firecore my next build...

bobtile

Reaction score
That's my next move. I have the same dizzy that you took off. I was going to get the firecore as well. Thanks for the info.

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
Just an FYI the caps are different use the firing order guide to make sure you got it #1 just north of the rotor blade 1 position, also the instruction say to point the rotor to the passenger side for #1 lol just ignore that OTB mechanical was perfect for me, adjusted vacuum -7 turns to dial it down from 48° to 38° all in @ 3k rpm. piece of cake! lol looks good too I think great billet look with factory ma mopar cap. did I mention how smoooooooth the off the line is? lol more snap in it too not that 500+ needed anymore but hey you notice those things :)

bobtile

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I don't think I'm going to use one with vacuum advance. Going to be on track a lot more than the street.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Just ordered a set for the hemi......called firecore directly/talked to rick/ for a custom fit set.....supposed to be here yesterday

Back