• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

billccm Intro

billccm

Reaction score
I've owned three B Body Mopars with my first car a 69 Coronet, then a 68 Charger, then I went 20 years without any Mopar Muscle (drove and daily drive Mustangs). After a painful 4 year search going to five states I found a 68 Road Runner and got back into the saddle (Jan 2017).
My car is far from perfect, and that is exactly what I want. It's a nice, solid driver and I'm proud to say won a trophy at the very first car show I entered for Best Muscle Car.
Currently I'm bummed as I have not driven my car for three weeks. I'm in a very slow process of doing a front disc conversion. My dad was the neighborhood shade tree mechanic and I learned all I know about turning a wrench from him. So, with limited skills I dove right into the front disc conversion. I hope to have the car back on the road soon, but there is an unanticipated show stopper at every turn.
Thanks for listening. I look forward to getting all the advice I can get!

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Welcome from Fl. Glad you found your runner. Like all of us lets see some pic's and let us know how that brake conversion is going. Russ. :wave:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Welcome from just north of you. I had mine down to the Cops and Rodders show in Tucson a couple years ago.

Coyote

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Disc conversions run the gamut from a simple bolt on to almost major work of replacing spindles and fighting corroded bolts. Hang in there, it'll be worth it when completed. Good Luck!

billccm

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Disc conversions run the gamut from a simple bolt on to almost major work of replacing spindles and fighting corroded bolts. Hang in there, it'll be worth it when completed. Good Luck!

You are correct, Coyote. What I expected to be a two weekend job has now run into it's forth weekend and I'm still not even at the half way point. I'm a bit over my head here, so I have decided to take a break and see what reinforcements can be called in to help.

I'll start a thread in the brake forums tonight and collect all of the expert advice I can find!

Bill Monk

Reaction score
Welcome from West Virginia! Good luck on the conversion, I've learned that everything I do on these cars takes AT LEAST twice as long as I thought.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
There is a bench seat copy of your car about a mile from me, great color!

Coyote

Reaction score
You are correct, Coyote. What I expected to be a two weekend job has now run into it's forth weekend and I'm still not even at the half way point. I'm a bit over my head here, so I have decided to take a break and see what reinforcements can be called in to help.

I'll start a thread in the brake forums tonight and collect all of the expert advice I can find!

DO NOT get discouraged. It WILL be worth the time and effort when it's done. Consider it life insurance and a serious learning experience. Good Luck, I'll check your other thread and see if I can offer any encouragement or possible tips. It can be a real girl dog!

billccm

Reaction score
There is a bench seat copy of your car about a mile from me, great color!

Really!!??!! I have some documentation from the guy I bought this car from that LL1 was only 0.4% of 68 Road Runner colors. At the first show I entered the car in I had several 'self proclaimed MOPAR experts' tell me they never made a LL1 Road Runner, even thou the fender tag sows the color.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Really!!??!! I have some documentation from the guy I bought this car from that LL1 was only 0.4% of 68 Road Runner colors. At the first show I entered the car in I had several 'self proclaimed MOPAR experts' tell me they never made a LL1 Road Runner, even thou the fender tag sows the color.

The color was introduced in the spring so they are limited.

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Hello welcome here from France! :)
Keep on never give up that is the way to go around here! Once you will be done you will be happy to tell that you are the one who turned it into disc brakes even if took time.

Back