• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Birds with Wings! (old original pictures)

railrider

Reaction score
Re: Birds with Wings!

mopar1.jpg

Quote from Mopar Muscle on Facebook about the above picture!
"While most of us are familiar with the drag and NASCAR heroes of the ’60s, not everyone is so familiar with the Mopars of land speed racing. In the realm of production-based cars at the Bonneville Salt Flats, the Mopar stalwart was Norm Thatcher. His first 156-mph record was in a ’58 Plymouth, then he ran both ’61 and ’62 Dodge Darts with a variety of blown and unblown wedges, one of them running 191.890 mph one time. This photo is the Van Nuys, California, garage scene in Thatcher’s shop with his ’63 Plymouths, one Hilborn-injected and Weiand-blown, the other a crossram 426. Thatcher was famous for bringing multiple engines to each race with hopes of records in many classes, and his ’63 fleet included a blown 440ci wedges (before a production 440 was available), two blown 470ci strokers, a Hilborn-injected 513ci wedge, an injected 426, and a carbureted 426. For 1964 he changed to blown Hemi power in a ’64 Plymouth, and set a record at 205.56 mph, which at the time was the fastest pass over the standing kilo for a production-bodied car"

railrider

Reaction score
Here are some old Drag Racing Poloroids that belong to my wifes uncle. They are from about 1971 era!

drags1.jpg

drags2.jpg

drags3.jpg

drags4.jpg

drags5.jpg

drags6.jpg

drags7.jpg

gunnar

Reaction score
Those polaroids have held up well. Nice shots.

glhcarl

Reaction score
Great stuff, love those old photo!

Thank for sharing.

railrider

Reaction score
Yeah she kept them in a envelope together. She says he also has a lot of old 8MM reals of Linda Vaughn, & Jungle Pam! grrrrr! I am hoping he will get them out eventually so I can convert them to a DVD! :yesnod:

moparchris

Reaction score
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing. The wingcars in the top picture is a great one with the Chrysler water tower in the back. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Sweet :cheers: I'm going to look at my old pics from the early 70s and see if there are any worth adding :thumbsup:

peresvet24

Reaction score
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: I like old photos :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

railrider

Reaction score
Feel free to right click on my pictures and save them if you like. Don't see stuff like this much anymore. :cheers:

Back