• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Birthday gift of my dreams

Traeger72

Reaction score
In 1969, when I was 20, I bought a ‘69 Roadrunner 383, 4 on the floor, with the financial help of my dad - the muscle car I loved the most. I only got to keep it a few years before I had to sell. This past March, I turned 72. To celebrate my birthday, my wife asked my car collector/drag racing buddy to help her find another one. They sneaked it into his shop when I was out, and then gathered friends for a surprise presentation. It’s bright orange, and he’s a Chevy guy, so it stuck out like a sore thumb!

It’s a very nice restoration, but a daily driver. I drove it all summer with a smile on my face, and I look forward to working on it more and driving it ‘til my days are up.

A8F52A03-555A-4A89-BEE3-C8476F882A7B.jpeg

woodwiz

Reaction score
Yes Sir! Bought my 70 as my official 2nd owned car in 1975 for a whopping $1,450.00,couldn’t imagine how I was going to makes $50.00 a month payment. Mine was that beautiful red as yours is. I was always fiddling with it and wiping it down and my dad thought I was going to rub the paint off of it. She started to burn some oil and I saw a 73 Cuda and made the leap without thinking…it all turned out! I look at my 70 now and just shake my head and fire up that 383 and smile and drive.
Enjoy the you know what out of that car. Then we’ll pay it fwd.to family

0125B6FE-41B7-443D-B294-0FA4BBFCD1FF.jpeg

Traeger72

Reaction score
Welcome from Washington State
Thanks from COLD Wisconsin
Have a heated shop so the exploration of what’s underneath the paint (mechanical) will commence this winter. Do I see TWO MOPARS in your garage?

Traeger72

Reaction score
Yes Sir! Bought my 70 as my official 2nd owned car in 1975 for a whopping $1,450.00,couldn’t imagine how I was going to makes $50.00 a month payment. Mine was that beautiful red as yours is. I was always fiddling with it and wiping it down and my dad thought I was going to rub the paint off of it. She started to burn some oil and I saw a 73 Cuda and made the leap without thinking…it all turned out! I look at my 70 now and just shake my head and fire up that 383 and smile and drive.
Enjoy the you know what out of that car. Then we’ll pay it fwd.to family

View attachment 35276
So beautiful, looks straight and low
I want to lower mine a little, I replaced steel and dog dish with 15
inch Weld Drag lites and big & little
Goodrich radial red lines
Snow here yesterday

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. What a grate wife you have and a good buddy to make your dream come true. Grate looking bird. Have fun with it. :bday:

Traeger72

Reaction score
welcome nice looking road runner drive the wheels off it
That I plan on doing! any opportunity this past summer I put the brakes on chores and went for a spin. I’m not a mechanic but this winter here in Wisconsin (I keep my shop at about 72 degrees) I will go looking for improvements necessary or not with the help of my neighbor starting with the brakes

Thanks

Traeger72

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. What a grate wife you have and a good buddy to make your dream come true. Grate looking bird. Have fun with it. :bday:
Getting old has its benefits my wife is my love my life......with the Road Runner a close second each ride I take I go back in time really I just ride around with a smile on my face! Loving the sound the shaking of the bird at idle the everything I have been given
Thanks

Traeger72

Reaction score
Damn, Moldova
Thank you! This gift and the love it brought to me still and and always will brighten all of my remaining days.
I do not know anything about Moldova so today I will expand my geography knowledge!
Today is Thanksgiving day here in the States so I send thoughts of good will and good health to you and your family

BEEP BEEP, Bill

68RR

Reaction score
In 1969, when I was 20, I bought a ‘69 Roadrunner 383, 4 on the floor, with the financial help of my dad - the muscle car I loved the most. I only got to keep it a few years before I had to sell. This past March, I turned 72. To celebrate my birthday, my wife asked my car collector/drag racing buddy to help her find another one. They sneaked it into his shop when I was out, and then gathered friends for a surprise presentation. It’s bright orange, and he’s a Chevy guy, so it stuck out like a sore thumb!

It’s a very nice restoration, but a daily driver. I drove it all summer with a smile on my face, and I look forward to working on it more and driving it ‘til my days are up.

View attachment 35274
I'm very happy for you. Enjoy!

Back