• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boneyard pics

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
here's some pis of a local yard. nothing reall exciting. It took a long time before they finally started hanging onto the old cars. When a four door B Body comes in(and these were all daily drivers) in less than two weeks they look like the Thanksgiving turkey the day after.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
In the early '80s, a neighbor told me about this old road runner. We went and looked at it. rough, but doable. Four gear car,had a 383 in pieces in the trunk. Owner only wanted $300, but I coud never catch him. I kept stopping by, and one day the car was gone. Forgot about it. A couple years later I met a good friend, and we were bench racing, and I found out he had gotten the runner. He kept it for a while, and sold it for a little more. Then he found out it was a Hemi car.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
He kept it for a while, and sold it for a little more. Then he found out it was a Hemi car.

:eek:

How does THAT happen...??? You would think that just doing the title transfer anyone REMOTELY familiar with these cars would become aware of the fifth digit in the VIN, almost by accident even...

I've owned more MoPars than I can count (quite literally) since I bought my first one back in 1978; I've NEVER owned one that I didn't know EXACTLY what it was - even going back to when I was a snot-nosed 16 year old...

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:
He kept it for a while, and sold it for a little more. Then he found out it was a Hemi car.

How does THAT happen...??? You would think that just doing the title transfer anyone REMOTELY familiar with these cars would become aware of the fifth digit in the VIN, almost by accident even...

I've owned more MoPars than I can count (quite literally) since I bought my first one back in 1978; I've NEVER owned one that I didn't know EXACTLY what it was - even going back to when I was a snot-nosed 16 year old...

It happened... a lot more then you think...

The numbers were never really important for a lot of people, they never looked, never even cared sometimes.

For example, I had a guy stop by my house once in a blue Roadrunner convertible. He saw me in the yard and said he had heard I knew a little bit about the cars. He was trying to figure out what exactly his car was..... turned out to be a 440-6bbl car..... He didn't know he was driving a very rare (and nice) Mopar. They didn't make a lot of 70 Roadrunner 'verts to begin with.. let alone 440-6bbl versions....

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, I am quite sure you're right about this type of occurrence with the general public, Big...but I was zeroed in on those a little more involved with the cars... From Dave's brief description of events it sounded like his friend was active with the cars... Perhaps I inferred something that was not there...in any event plenty of people know nothing about something or another that's in their possession...

:popcorn:
Ray

moparstuart

Reaction score
Big John said:
[quote="ACME A12":3nvvgiyd]
Basketcase said:

It happened... a lot more then you think...

The numbers were never really important for a lot of people, they never looked, never even cared sometimes.

For example, I had a guy stop by my house once in a blue Roadrunner convertible. He saw me in the yard and said he had heard I knew a little bit about the cars. He was trying to figure out what exactly his car was..... turned out to be a 440-6bbl car..... He didn't know he was driving a very rare (and nice) Mopar. They didn't make a lot of 70 Roadrunner 'verts to begin with.. let alone 440-6bbl versions....[/quote:3nvvgiyd]

I made my own 440 + 6 70 convertible

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:

Really??? We would have had no idea...except for the fact that there is a picture of it in EVERY post you make... :lmao:

Sorry Stuart, but that door was just WAY TOO WIDE OPEN NOT TO STEP THROUGH IT... :lol: :banana: :lol: :banana: :lol:

:jester:
ACME aka Mr. Obvious (as heard on Bob & Tom...)

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:

Really??? We would have had no idea...except for the fact that there is a picture of it in EVERY post you make... :lmao:

Sorry Stuart, but that door was just WAY TOO WIDE OPEN NOT TO STEP THROUGH IT... :lol: :banana: :lol: :banana: :lol:

:jester:
ACME aka Mr. Obvious (as heard on Bob & Tom...)
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well this was back when guys were just messing with old cars, and not hung up on #s and $$. We both knew what a Hemi was, but just never occured to us to worry about the vin. live and learn I guess. Not a big loss since it was Blue anyhow :lmao:

Back