• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bonnet vibrations

andy69

Reaction score
the underside of the bonnet has cross bracing/between this and the bonnet top they had glue or something in between to stop vibration,now over the years this has all come loose . What can i use as a replacement, if their is one . for your information the temo today was 100 deg f ......cheers

droptop

Reaction score
Panel adhesives have come a long way in the lst 5 years. Do a Google search for 3M panel adhesives.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Panel adhesive would be the strongest. Mine was broken in numerous spots and I used JB-Weld between the breaks, then just let the weight of the hood hold them in place. A little blue touch up after and it was all good. :thumbsup: ps. green won't work..

Jim S.

Reaction score
BBillyC said:
I used polyethylene seam sealer...worked like a charm

Yes I remember you saying that from a previous post. Seems to make sense because it would be flexible. My JB-weld will probably break in the future (hope not) but, if it does, seam sealer it is. Thanks for reminding me. :thumbsup:

andy69

Reaction score
So the votes are all in,it seems poly seam sealer is the winner,thanks all for entering...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The guys were right with the seam sealer so there wasn't much sense in piling on :thumbsup:

a6t9vette

Reaction score
For those that have used the polyethylene seam sealer where have you picked it up. Is this something I can get at the local parts store? A 3M product? If anyone has a link to the stuff id appriciate it.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
a6t9vette said:
For those that have used the polyethylene seam sealer where have you picked it up. Is this something I can get at the local parts store? A 3M product? If anyone has a link to the stuff id appriciate it.
:popcorn:

Back