• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bought a 69 charger 500 in october off craigs list

moparstuart

Reaction score
this is my barn find project 69 charger 500 aerocar less then 400 of them actually build . No motor 440, no auto trans ,no fender tag , no broad cast sheet . R4 red car . 40k on the body spent most of it's life in california so not a whole lot of rust on the car .

moparstuart

Reaction score
droptop said:
And I thought my barn was full...........
Is that a talladega in that one picture?
yes that is my buddys barn where my 500 is now stored . He has one of every real aerocar and two of most LOL he has a 500, 2 real daytona both hemi's , 1 real six pac super bird and one clone race super bird in the works . Plus the two fords a taladega and a spoiler II mercury cyclone . My car is stored in aero car heaven .

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Love those Charger 500's! Those grills/front ends to me were always the automotive equivilent of an English Bulldog face; so ugly they are beautiful!

Nice score!
:thumbsup:
Ray

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Love those Charger 500's! Those grills/front ends to me were always the automotive equivilent of an English Bulldog face; so ugly they are beautiful!

Nice score!
:thumbsup:
Ray
I have one of those also , I love english bull dogs here is my junk yard dog winston

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
man...lucky you on that find....its like everyones dream to find a charger 500....good luck with that....its probably tough finding some of parts for that right?

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Basketcase said:
now that is a nice score!
thanks it's my down the road project just stored away for now , gathering parts , and looking for a real charger 500 block or a warranty block

What are the distinguishing stampings for a Charger 500 block? What about the approximate casting date and EAD specific to your car? One of us might be sitting on one without even knowing...

Ray

moparstuart

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
man...lucky you on that find....its like everyones dream to find a charger 500....good luck with that....its probably tough finding some of parts for that right?
The rear chrome molding around the back glass it the only ( daytona / 500 ) specific pieces i'm missing . They are impossible to find and if you do they cost 3-4 grand . So I will be taking a couple sets of regular 69 rear trims and cutting them up to make one the best i can .

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:
Basketcase said:
now that is a nice score!
thanks it's my down the road project just stored away for now , gathering parts , and looking for a real charger 500 block or a warranty block

What are the distinguishing stampings for a Charger 500 block? What about the approximate casting date and EAD specific to your car? One of us might be sitting on one without even knowing...

Ray
the vin will be stamped on the block and start with XX

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
george68hemirr said:
The rear chrome molding around the back glass it the only ( daytona / 500 ) specific pieces i'm missing . They are impossible to find and if you do they cost 3-4 grand . So I will be taking a couple sets of regular 69 rear trims and cutting them up to make one the best i can .

the parts for that car is out of this world price wise but when that car is totally restored...matching numbers...how much would it be worth...top dollar??

moparstuart

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
moparstuart said:
george68hemirr said:

the parts for that car is out of this world price wise but when that car is totally restored...matching numbers...how much would it be worth...top dollar??

this will never be a numbers matching car , but if it where and a low miles super nice car as a 440 auto it might be worth 80k ? 4 speed cars or hemi's being worth more as usual

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
[quouart"]
george68hemirr said:
The rear chrome molding around the back glass it the only ( daytona / 500 ) specific pieces i'm missing . They are impossible to find and if you do they cost 3-4 grand . So I will be taking a couple sets of regular 69 rear trims and cutting them up to make one the best i can .[/quote]

with all the clons, that's a part that needs repopping

moparstuart

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
[quouart"]
george68hemirr said:

with all the clons, that's a part that needs repopping[/quote]

i agree several suppliers have toyed with the idea ? but for up to 60k just to make molds for stuff it's hard to get your money back out of it ?
l

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
ACME A12 said:

Ray

At which plant was the car assembled? Not all of them used full VINs on the pan rails...and some that did discontinued mid year in '69... You didn't answer my question about EAD and casting date... Makes it kinda hard to help out...

Ray

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:
[quote="ACME A12":3e7s9mk9]

Ray

At which plant was the car assembled? Not all of them used full VINs on the pan rails...and some that did discontinued mid year in '69... You didn't answer my question about EAD and casting date... Makes it kinda hard to help out...

Ray[/quote:3e7s9mk9] all 500's came out of the same plant/ just like the daytona then went to creative to be modifyed. my car was assembled nov 20th B20 (only know that from the vin and other cars around it build that day.

the block would have had the full vin on it XX to start . I dont think i will ever find my block but if any XX block is found and no car to go with it is known I would like to use that. If not a warranty block would be fine .

Back