• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought a Pair of Concealed Carry Firearms for Me & the Mrs.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I mentioned this in Steve's Sig & Colt thread a few days ago. Went up to Webster, Florida Saturday a week ago for their big winter swap meet. Tiny town about an hour north of us. On my way home I stopped at their one and only gun shop and to my surprise he had three Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380's on the shelf. Nobody in my neck of the woods has had any on-hand since obamarama launched his big gun selling campaign. Plunked down the money for two of them but had to wait to pick them up as we don't have our concealed carry permits YET (working on it). I've seen these things selling lately for way more than the S&W suggested price so I was really pleased when he not only had them but made me a package deal. Friday afternoon we drove back up there and picked them up. Taking them to the firing range tonight for the first time. :cool:

Body Guards.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Re: Bought a Pair of Concealed Carry Firearms for Me & the M

Nice, built in laser sight :thumbsup: If your going to use hollow points make sure they operate ok at the range don't assume they will :thumbsup:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score

Nice score Ray! Make sure you clean them well before you go tonight. Fire a couple hundrend rounds down range before you start to carry them. Please give us a range report when you can. :popcorn:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score

69hemibeep said:
Nice, built in laser sight :thumbsup: If your going to use hollow points make sure they operate ok at the range don't assume they will :thumbsup:

:yeathat: :yeathat: :yeathat: :yeathat:

Put at least a box full of what you are going to carry through each gun.

One thing about the small guns, be sure to get a good grip. One cause of problems with ejecting and feeding is when the gun is shot without having a good hold of the gun.

dobie

Reaction score

Awesome!!! Can't wait to hear how they perform!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score

Forgot to provide an update on the BodyGuards...

Took them to the range. The Mrs. and I both liked them a lot. Although hers kept ejecting the casings over the wall hitting the woman in the booth next to us in the head...so she wasn't too fond of them... :lol:

Harry suggested putting 200 rounds through each of them before we begin to carry them. That's going to take a few trips to the range. With only a 6 round magazine your fingertips begin to protest the reloading process a little bit... :lol: We put 50 rounds of range ammo through each of them and then split a box of hollow points between them just to ensure functionality as Bob & Big suggested.

I didn't seem to be as accurate (not without the laser anyway) with the BG as I am w/ my Sig Pro. I guess that makes sense as other than trying one out (only 6 rounds) that was borrowed from a friend of a friend just to see if I liked them before I bought them, I haven't had anywhere near the practice time with the little BG. I also need to perfect my grip on the slide when cocking it as I managed to pinch my hand twice - everything seems odd to me because it is miniaturized...

I have been looking at holsters for it. Any thoughts on this one?
http://www.amazon.com/DeSantis-Pocket-S ... yguard+380

Keep the thoughts, recommendations, and suggestions coming. I'm still crawling whereas you guys have been walking and running for years. :cheers:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

ACME A12 said:

Took them to the range. The Mrs. and I both liked them a lot. Although hers kept ejecting the casings over the wall hitting the woman in the booth next to us in the head...so she wasn't too fond of them... :lol:

Harry suggested putting 200 rounds through each of them before we begin to carry them. That's going to take a few trips to the range. With only a 6 round magazine your fingertips begin to protest the reloading process a little bit... :lol: We put 50 rounds of range ammo through each of them and then split a box of hollow points between them just to ensure functionality as Bob & Big suggested.

I didn't seem to be as accurate (not without the laser anyway) with the BG as I am w/ my Sig Pro. I guess that makes sense as other than trying one out (only 6 rounds) that was borrowed from a friend of a friend just to see if I liked them before I bought them, I haven't had anywhere near the practice time with the little BG. I also need to perfect my grip on the slide when cocking it as I managed to pinch my hand twice - everything seems odd to me because it is miniaturized...

Keep the thoughts, recommendations, and suggestions coming. I'm still crawling whereas you guys have been walking and running for years. :cheers:

Never tryied that style Ray but I am looking for something for my little 9MM. I use this soft pocket holster by Uncle Mikes size 1 for my 380 it that takes away the gun shape in your pocket

DSCN4861 (640x480).jpg

dobie

Reaction score

ACME A12 said:

Yikes! Friends dont let friends use holsters like that!!! Thats a negligent discharge waiting to happen. All it'll take is for something to get caught in the trigger guard. I STRONGLY recommend not using any holster which leaves the trigger exposed like that.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

That one looks as if its designed to shoot with the holster on it. :huh:

dobie

Reaction score

It is. Its made to pull straight out of the pocket. Problem is that anything could get stuck in the trigger guard and fire the weapon.

Big John

Reaction score

Exposed trigger is no good just as Dobie says.

Big John

Reaction score

69hemibeep said:
Never tryied that style Ray but I am looking for something for my little 9MM. I use this soft pocket holster by Uncle Mikes size 1 for my 380 it that takes away the gun shape in your pocket

I use an Uncle Mikes for my LCP also, but it's a number 3. The LCP fits right down into it nicely.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

Big John said:
69hemibeep said:

I use an Uncle Mikes for my LCP also, but it's a number 3. The LCP fits right down into it nicely.
Im going to look at a larger one for my 9MM but it might be a bit large for a pocket weapon.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score

Big John said:
Exposed trigger is no good just as Dobie says.

Understood. This is a perfect example of why I am asking first...not ready to take my training wheels off yet... :lol: :yesnod: :lol:

Thanks, guys. :cheers:

dobie

Reaction score

:cheers:

Back