• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought Me A Road Runner - Like to Understand the Fender Tag

djais1801

Reaction score
May be semantics but I thought B7 was called Jamaica Blue?
Welcome to the fold, kruegerti! You got yourself a pretty cool Bird there. Here's how it breaks down.

B7 = Bahama Blue
HTB = Blue Interior w/ Decor Group
609 = Looks to be a June 6th build date car (if I'm reading it correctly)
H51 = Air Conditioning
M21 = Roof Drip Rail Moldings
R11 = AM Radio
V7B = Blue Accent Stripe
26 = Radiator Core of 26'
END = END of fender tag options

You got yourself a fairly rare car in that its B7 and features a V7B accent stripe. I've never seen this combination before, even though it's recommended in the sales brochure. Does the stripe remain on the car? I've only seen one other V7B optioned car and that was on a W1, HTB equipped convertible. Is the car still unrestored? Post Pics!!!!

Big D A12

Live Fast!!
Reaction score

I guess Dodge and Plymouth wanted their own color designations. Here are the first few codes with B7 and the various names.

D

DODGE SUPER BEE

A4 SILVER METALLIC
B3 LIGHT BLUE POLY
B5 BRIGHT BLUE METALLIC
B7 MEDIUM BLUE POLY
B9 DARK BLUE POLY

PLYMOUTH ROAD RUNNER

A4 PLATINUM METALLIC
B3 ICE BLUE POLY
B5 BLUE FIRE METALLIC
B7 JAMAICA BLUE POLY

Last edited:

Ranger

Reaction score
B5 BLUE FIRE METALLIC. Why do I remember my first one as Fire Mist Blue? :huh: I seem to recall that on the window sticker, but then in my defense, that was 47 years ago and as they say, the memory is the second thing to go.

RonLiv

Reaction score
OK, I am new to this forum and a little late to this thread. I'm interested in it though as I also have a B7 Roadrunner with the trim code V7B. My understanding is this is a single painted pin stripe that runs down the sides of the car. The "B" in the code stands for "Blue" from what I have been told, but I cannot find any resource or anyone that knows the correct factory color for this stripe. My tag is currently at Galen, and I posed the question. I've also written to the Chrysler Registry site, but they have yet to respond. I've seen plenty of B5 and some B7 cars (photo's) that have this stripe, but it's always white. I'm thinking just painting it B3 and be done with it, but if someone knows the true paint color in Roadrunner land that would be great! Thanks!

IMG_2114.JPG

RonLiv

Reaction score
Yep, "light blue" but no paint code to ID the specific color. I'm probably just going B3, maybe B5 and keep it MOPAR color. Someone suggested it was "Corporate Blue" another MOPAR color but rare. I'll look at both and see. No one seems to know. I got a sample stripe color from Chrysler Historical for the V7B stripe, but even so it's a scanned CC which the person told me looks darker than their cc, plus it's 50 years old. I've searched for photo's of B7 roadrunners with this stripe to see if one can tell by the photo, but can't find any. I've seen plenty of B7 Birds with the stripe but all are white. Oh well.

Attachments

• 1969 Ply Stripe.pdf
    24.6 KB · Views: 2

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I doubt its either b3 or b5 being metallic paint, I would guess Corp blue or Petty Blue

Back