• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake drum adjuster star wheel

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
As I wait for the correct wheel cylinders to arrive.....

Ok, heres another brake question. Which side does the star wheel adjuster go? One thread is left handed, the other right handed thread.
I think mine were installed incorrectly last time someone changed the rear shoes. The right handed threads were on the left side of the car.

Which is correct?

A31PKG

Reaction score
Left: Left handed, Right: Right handed. FYI, The adjusting arm on MOPAR products moves the star wheel up to lengthen or expand the adjuster. Phord & Chebby are opposite as the adjuster pushes down to expand. Someone probably got their cars confused when doing brakes last time? Just remember to use the upper edge of the adjusting hole as the fulcrum, if the star wheel doesn't spin, it's on the wrong side. :thumbsup:

A31PKG

Reaction score
....the only time I get scared is when there's no beer in the fridge..... :cheers:

Back