• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Light Switch

zupanj

Reaction score
I replaced the master cylinder last week and everything seemed OK. I went out for a ride and a guy yelled that I had no brake lights. I checked when I got home and saw that one lead was disconnected but also the switch was not making contact with the pedal assembly. I tried playing with it this afternoon and I think I blew a fuse but I can't find it. I think the wiring diagram shows the wire is fused. There must be a fuse block somewhere but I don't know where it is.

Also I broke the button on the end of the switch that makes contact with the pedal so does anyone know where to buy a replacement? I got a switch at NAPA but it doesn't appear to be quite right.

Jack

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Jack, the fuse box can be reached thru the glove box. When you open the door look on the left side you should see at the bottom, a bump out about 2 1/2" deep, and about the same high, running front to back, with two screws that hold up a cover. The fuse box is behind that cover.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
let me check I might have a extra switch you can have for shipping ! If I have one

zupanj

Reaction score
I did blow a fuse and everything worked after replacement. Jim thanks for the offer but I think I am able to make the old switch work.

Jack

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
zupanj said:
I did blow a fuse and everything worked after replacement. Jim thanks for the offer but I think I am able to make the old switch work.

Jack
no prob but the name is Jay if you were talking to me if not foget this message :jester:

Back