• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Pull

Ranger

Reaction score
Car pulls to the left when braking (90% of the time).
New MC
New wheel cylinders
New front shoes
New front brake hoses
Bled, bled and re-bled (at the wheels & MC lines).
Brakes adjusted and readjusted

What am I missing?

Mopar Vince

Reaction score
check for worn suspension pieces if the brake parts are all new.
it could be that the angle of the dangle is changing when the "WHOA!" pedal is used.

moparmonk

Reaction score
OE style drums? Sounds like both the left sides front and rear might be adjusted a bit to tight or both right sides are not tight enough.

Ranger

Reaction score
Yup, OE drums. I've checked the adjustment several times. They are so close to the same adjustment I don't think I could come much closer if I measured them.
Pulled the RF the other day since that has to be the problem one, but saw nothing out of the ordinary. Will drive to a cruise night tomorrow (9/9) and see if anything is different.
Almost seems as though the right side is getting less hydraulic pressure, but I can't come up with an y logical explanation of why.
I guess like everything else, sooner or later the problem will show itself.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Make sure you have the brake shoes oriented correctly... Long shoes on the rear etc. That happens so often that it's not funny.

Check the adjusters... is the right side on the right side? Left of left? One is CCW threaded and the other is CW threaded. All springs and retainers still in place?

Ranger

Reaction score
Shoes are on correctly and the adjusters seem to be correct as well. Everything was in place.
The only thing I saw was that there was the smallest of play in the bearing. The FSM says up to .003 is acceptable. I doubt there was any more than that, but I tightened the axle nut finger tight to take that play down to zero.
Drove to a cruise-in last night and she stopped true with no pull. I have no logical explanation, but I'm not complaining. I'll take success anyway I can get it.

Back