• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

brake switch problem

beepbeepbill

Reaction score
Hi guys n gals

got a problem on the new RR. the brake lights stay on even when car is sitting turned off and keys out of ignition. pulled front seat to make room for my large frame... and the peddle is not pressing against the cut off switch. It looks as if the switch itself is in the right location but the peddle is too far away to hold the switch in away from the contact point beside the peddle. The peddle itself is fine and the brakes seem to work fine. My question (before unbolting the peddle) is this. Is the contact point adjustable? is it oblong? I can't tell, but it looks as if it has been "welded" together. not to the bolt, but like it had been cracked and someone tried to fix it. If it is beyond repair, where do I find a new one?? If it is not oblong and adjustable, any suggestions on a repair??? :brickwall:

Bill

beepbeepbill

Reaction score
Never mind. got my phat arse in where I could see and saw that what I was looking at (the part of the brake actuator shaft) had a tab that was not adjusted correctly. Got it.

Thx

Back