• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brakes

1baddogg

Reaction score
Im gonna replace all break shoes when i get my 69 rr out of the body shop from the wreck , are the brake shoes and drums gonna be hard find and what size ? will they be the same for front and back ? Thanks :huh:

djais1801

Reaction score
if it's stock set up like mine, i have manual drums all the way around...and lost my brakes this week, the front part of the master cylinder was bone dry. didn't see any leaks at the wheels...the resevoir was brown in the rear portion. So I ordered new shoes, cylinders, and hoses for front and rear. They are available at: Rock Auto, Advanced Auto Parts, and NAPA. You should have 11". All prices were similar, I think Rock Auto had the front cylinders about $5 cheaper, but NAPA had them next day so I ponied up the extra $10.

clazar2121

Reaction score
My 70 RR has power frt discs. That means the rear shoes are different size than if it had drum brakes frt & back. If you have drums all around, I believe they are all 11 x 3. I can give a name of someone who has asbestos brake shoes available.

Chuck

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Pretty easy to find 11x2 1/2 rear 11x3 front, and after market drums are available, I was an idiot and went OE correct for my show poodle so finding drums with cooling fins and springs on them is a whole different story

Ranger

Reaction score
I replaced my front shoes, all 4 wheel cylinders, front brake hoses and M/C in Dec. of '15 when I bought the car and had no trouble what so ever finding parts.

1baddogg

Reaction score
Thanks , all the info helped a lot ... mine is pulling hard right so im gonna replace them all since its stock and I don't know how old they are . Better to know what I have then what they had on it ...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
if it's pulling, the shoes might just need adjusted (manual adjustment on these)

jaymarr65

Reaction score
To add to what djais1801 said, Partsgeek and auto part warehouse is also good. my car is 4 wheel drum 11x3 on the front and 11x2 1/2 on the back and partsgeek had the front drums ( probably no wheel lugs) and rears with the fins.

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
never had any trouble getting parts at my local CarQuest

Ranger

Reaction score
Same here at O'reilly.

P.S. once you order from Partsgeek you will get inundated with emails from them.

Back