• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build Sheet Photos

Collin

Reaction score
Ok, so I finally bought myself a PC so I can save and post pictures whenever I want. So I decided that since I have a whole and complete buildsheet that came with my car to post it. Of course I had to black out the VIN number just in case the internet pirates wanna be douchebags. I gave one pic of the whole build sheet, then two seperate pictures trying to zoom in on the text. Its hard to see but deal with it because its 40 years old and was saved from a musty damp garage!! :thumbsup:

build sheet.jpg

build sheet 2.jpg

build sheet 3.jpg

Collin

Reaction score
I will try to break this down for ease of reading...

Sequence number - B257929
Vehicle Order number - 402450293
Sold car sales bank - 14
Engine - 63
Tran - 21
Axle - 57
S/G - 1
Tires - T82
Trim Code - M6X
UDF color - X9
Style - ?01
Roof - T7
Body - T7
Steering - 42 X? 11
Stg Wheel Horn Ring - 12X9
Rad - 54
Yoke- 6
Rad Hose - In-57, Out - 45
Fan - 16
Fan Spac - 70
Bat - 2?
Vac Fit - 27
Engine - 925
Carb - 77
Choke - 45
Trans - 603
PIN-39
P/Shaft - 161
aXLE - 6?3
Wheel - 16X9
WH COV-58
FRAME-16
S/BAR-85
TORSION BAR - LT -781, RT-780
REAR SPRING - LT -799, RT-965
LABELS - IDLE - 45, TIRE - 77,
COMBINATION GROUPS A-31
H/DUTY OR DISC-31
CONSOLE-16
ARM REST OR BASE -23
SEATS-55
CARPETS OR MATS-93
BATTERY-?3
GLASS - 11
FT. HEATER -11
GLOVE BOX LOCK -1
CIGAR LIGHTER-5
DRIP THROUGH -1
FAN HI CAP -65
Susp-15
shocks - 25
horn ring - 79
wheel covers -11
wheels - 25

A31PKG

Reaction score
Nice! Gotta love those Hi Perf Axle Pkg cars! :thumbsup:

Saw your other post in the pics section...How's progess?

Collin

Reaction score
A31PKG said:
Nice! Gotta love those Hi Perf Axle Pkg cars! :thumbsup:

Saw your other post in the pics section...How's progess?

(was the a31 a rare order, or just something you are a fan of) I know the 054 radiator is a big deal too... ANYWAYS.

Progress....hmm. I have been working a lot of overtime lately and my father has been stuck at work due to a supervisor promotion (good news in this economy). So we try to get in as many days as possible but it has been difficult lately. The cars front fenders, engine bay, doors, roof and A pillars are done and the last few mentioned are awaiting primer. The rear window channel as been cleaned up using All Metal and we are complete back to the quarters. I dont know if you guys remember my issue with the quarters on this car so heres a refresher.

The car has replacement quarters on both sides. On this passenger side a full quarter was installed and pop riveted to the roof line and blended in normally to the trunk returns and door openings. On the drivers side they went a crazy route, they laid the new quarter on top of the old quarter and cut half of the top of the fender away to join with the exisiting fender. They then bonded the shit outta this quarter and left it. We ended up going through the car and drilling out the pop rivets and rewelding the seam. Well we were a bit hasty in this decision. We have had a horrible time trying to match the pass quarter and drivers quarter. The way that the roof curved down into the quarters just did not match and we had a horrible time trying to line the door up to the quarter. We ended up pulling out the measuring tape to reveal that the original owners had screwed up the new quarter. The top flat surface of the quarter as a whole 1/4-1/2 " off in width in comparison to the other side. SO to create another large project, I had to take out the angle grinder and cut the quarter right down this seam. The quarter popped out and realxed immediately right to the spot where we wanted it. In oder to keep these dimensions we cut little strips of metal and using short fastners we were able to screw the metal pieces in place under the quarter to keep the size. This also allows for us to lay the new filler strip of metal right on these strips to keep it in place adn from falling into the trunk. So now tommorrow I have to create a cardboard template of the strip I will need, cut it out of metal and then weld it in, grind it and climb into the trunk to grind in there....sounds like fun. Then we will finally be ready to spread a thin layer of bondo, (not the 1/2' we would have needed) and move on. At least now the lines of the window, the fit of the door and the shape of the quarters has really improved. My goal is still to FINALLY see T7 at some point in Jan or Feb. It has been torture for the last year walking by a 490 HP worked 383 engine and not be able to hear it rumble. Keep in mind I have YET to drive this car and am very excited!

Here are some pictures of the monster...

RR.jpg

rr2.jpg

A31PKG

Reaction score
(was the a31 a rare order, or just something you are a fan of) I know the 054 radiator is a big deal too...

I love 'em all! :thumbsup:
Not sure how rare A31's actually were/are. I know you just don't see 'em that often at shows, but there seems to be few on this board. I recently sent my request in to good 'ol Galen for his registry letter. At that point, I will know how many are accounted for in his data base. I'll post the findings when I get them....hopefully this century! :yesnod:

The 054 is a part of the package, as is the 7-blade fan, 070 fan clutch, and rear springs. All of those items are the same parts installed on the A12's and Hemi's too. Although I believe that automatic Hemis just got the cooling system, if no axle package was ordered - at least in '68, not sure about '69. All manual trans Hemis automatically got the axle package. Our resident Hemi guru may want to chime in here....

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
(was the a31 a rare order, or just something you are a fan of) I know the 054 radiator is a big deal too...

I love 'em all! :thumbsup:
Not sure how rare A31's actually were/are. I know you just don't see 'em that often at shows, but there seems to be few on this board. I recently sent my request in to good 'ol Galen for his registry letter. At that point, I will know how many are accounted for in his data base. I'll post the findings when I get them....hopefully this century! :yesnod:

The 054 is a part of the package, as is the 7-blade fan, 070 fan clutch, and rear springs. All of those items are the same parts installed on the A12's and Hemi's too. Although I believe that automatic Hemis just got the cooling system, if no axle package was ordered - at least in '68, not sure about '69. All manual trans Hemis automatically got the axle package. Our resident Hemi guru may want to chime in here....
You pretty much nailed it good buddy but the automatics may have had some different fans but the same clutch drive. :yesnod:

Back