• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bulkhead

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Can I pull the bulkhead away from the firewall to install a new one?

1. I have a new bulkhead
2. I have a new year one wiring harness.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The three harnesses unclip from under the hood and expose spring clips to compress and push the bulkhead into the car

Carl Ray

Reaction score
Which harness are you replacing? The interior harness generally comes with the bulkhead connector attached. If you can twist the bulkhead thru the firewall you wont have much wiring slack to work on it.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Which harness are you replacing? The interior harness generally comes with the bulkhead connector attached. If you can twist the bulkhead thru the firewall you wont have much wiring slack to work on it.
Engine bay harness

20220118_171028.jpg

V.R.D

Reaction score
understand you are dealing with 3 separate harnesses 1. head light and lighting.2 engine 3 horn washers/wiper/alt. then the bulk head is unclip pushed inside the car. as said best to remove the seat unclip bulk head push in to the car then roll under dash with a light and a pocket screw driver and wire cutter /stripper/crimper and go to work take your time make sure all are crimped as perfect as possible do 1 wire at a time.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Russ, my new harness came with a template to increase the size of the hole in the firewall. I understand your harness is from Year One, I believe it is actually made by American Autowire, like mine

V.R.D

Reaction score
Russ, my new harness came with a template to increase the size of the hole in the firewall. I understand your harness is from Year One, I believe it is actually made by American Autowire, like mine
that doesn't sound right . the one i bought was the same as the original.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
No cutting with the one from Year one. Will say if you buy the hole harness under dash some color's did change on mine and had to call the guys that made the harness.

MoparDan

Reaction score
No cutting with the one from Year one. Will say if you buy the hole harness under dash some color's did change on mine and had to call the guys that made the harness.
Ya I heard M&H has good tech support. I'm probably a year from installing any wiring. I just welded in a new Dutchman Panel and repaired the rear window frame.

Back