• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bumper Bracket - Help!

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
[attachment=0:9k8jibhc]Hemicoil 3.jpg[/attachment:9k8jibhc]

Wasn't difficult at all, took my time with the tap backing it out and then back in over and over.
I had to purchase the right angle 1/2" drive drill for $250........ouch.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Well.. at least you spent your hard earned $250 on an American made power tool...... er.... um..... never mind.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Big John said:
Well.. at least you spent your hard earned $250 on an American made power tool...... er.... um..... never mind.
OH Boy :facepalm:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That is a lot to spend on a tool that you need for a job. Sometimes when I've needed a tool that would make doing a particular job easier I've wondered if it was worth buying it when I may or may not need it again.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
That is a lot to spend on a tool that you need for a job. Sometimes when I've needed a tool that would make doing a particular job easier I've wondered if it was worth buying it when I may or may not need it again.
Its called renting :cheers:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:

I have two answers for that. First is Harbor Freight. Cheap tools that are (sometimes) good enough for what I need to do. You have to be selective though and understand that some stuff isn't worth dragging home. The other option is renting tools. I'm fortunate to have a well stocked rental place near me. Autozone also rents some tools too. By the way... never buy folding tables and chairs for a party!

Of course, there's always flea markets and garage sales too... but I haven't really seen any deals in a long time. Most people seem to know what they have.... and the real deals go fast. When you are at Carlisle... there's a group of guys with a trailer full of KD tools. You know.. those odd pullers and stuff like that... About 1/3 the price or less. I bought a spark plug thread cleaner there for a buck or two... tossed it in the toolbox. I never used it until the other day and had to clean the threads out of my flathead head. Paid for itself and then some.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good job, Harry. Glad to see that you got it fixed.

Just curious - what led you to this discovery anyway? Was the bumper sagging and you decided to tighten it up or what?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Good job, Harry. Glad to see that you got it fixed.

Just curious - what led you to this discovery anyway? Was the bumper sagging and you decided to tighten it up or what?
He got his bumper blown off by a Nash :basketcase:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Well, I knew it needed help a couple years ago when I replaced the bumper. The front bolt wouldn't tighten all the way.
A couple weeks ago I was changing the oil - and noticed no more front bolt! Gonzo.

Back