• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buying parts.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well been watching for deals on thing's. Just got my door bezels front and back for 110.00 from Van's restoration's. Thought that was a good deal after looking around. Then got my window crank handles and door in side handles from Dante's for about 80 buck's. Back to vans and got the arm rest set for 60 bucks just the front set. Saw some place that had the rear arm rest set with ash tray for 130 have not bought these yet. Now got to get the outer door handles. Russ.

Rich B

Reaction score
58E0B7F9-328E-48D6-A1E2-38D934DC8DDD.jpeg :soapbox:Be careful of those chromed back stops for the door and rear armrests Russ. They’re cheap plastic and the plating will show wear even in a year’s time. Ended up painting mine with a matched green.

Always loved those seat belt retainer clips on bottom edge of rear seat; broke one off once lol. Went with the wood grain and oblonged openings in metal for window roll roll up/downs and the door locks. Matched wood look steering wheel perfect. Also had a a real wood veneer dash which I liked anyways, only thing I ever bought from JC Whitney that actually fit the car. They’ve really cleaned up their act these days. Bought set of Corsa Xtreme mufflers (current car) for $500 and retail upwards of $1K, shipped from factory even- free and super packed well.

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
View attachment 29118 :soapbox:Be careful of those chromed back stops for the door and rear armrests Russ. They’re cheap plastic and the plating will show wear even in a year’s time. Ended up painting mine with a matched green.

Always loved those seat belt retainer clips on bottom edge of rear seat; broke one off once lol. Went with the wood grain and oblonged openings in metal for window roll roll up/downs and the door locks. Matched wood look steering wheel perfect. Also had a a real wood veneer dash which I liked anyways, only thing I ever bought from JC Whitney that actually fit the car. They’ve really cleaned up their act these days. Bought set of Corsa Xtreme mufflers (current car) for $500 and retail upwards of $1K, shipped from factory even- free and super packed well.
I have the straight exhaust on mine and will keep it that way. The cross over under the car made it a rough taking out the drive shaft. To replace the U joint's. Good buy buddy nice to save a few dollars where you can. Russ.

Rich B

Reaction score
The straight road runner exhaust was a work of art. First smoke off, new pipe could hear the cracks and creaks of new tubing expanding and contracting. Had to always pin mine together with small metal screws as could never get those clamps tight enough first torquing. In ME, a system may of lasted about 3 years.

Gravel driveway in those days and would actually dig out hollow under car, plenty of crawl room that way. Could do one in a mornings work, got better at it after a few times. Russ thanks on that memory, I certainly applaud you for your work, attention with detail and determination.

AfA- Rich...... Means A friend always, too many ambiguous meanings these days lmao.

Last edited:
Back