• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can't get it all the way up

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't get it all the way up (the clutch pedal that is). I was on vacation this week and put in new ball studs , plastis bushing/bearings and seals on the pivot torque arm for the clutch pedal linkage on the GTX, mine were worn and sloppy and the pedal never traveled up to being flush with the brake pedal (it is about 2-1/2 inches shy) if you pull up on it from below it pops up to being flush and does move the fork arm a little bit. it still does this both before and after I worked on it. I have all my springs I put a new one on the fork arm. what am I missing or need to adjust. there is a long threaded rod tieing the torque arm pivot to the fork arm I adjust the nut to the same length as I found it but it does look like it could have 3 or 4 inches of adjustment on it. is that what I need to adjust and if so were is the standard starting point the end of the stud, the middle, or ??? any other ideas?

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
:popcorn:
I think it has something to do with the type of clutch you are running and the over center spring. Big John will have the answer.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
the FSM says that the adjusting nut is turned to allow 5/32" of free play at the end of the fork which should allow for the recommended 1" of free play at the pedal. that is a good starting point but i have had to alter that to avoid having my clutch pedal stay on the floor until the rpms come down. :cents:

page 6-3
http://www.69roadrunner.net/Tech%20Refe ... Manual.pdf

droptop

Reaction score
I was almost afraid to open this thread. :lmao:

The height of the pedal is adjusted by the treaded rod. A small adjustment on the rod will have a much larger effect on the pedal height. I prefer a lower pedal for driving so I don't have to raise my foot as high. I alway adjust to where the clutch is fulled disengauged just before the pedal hits the floor. And then, when I park at a show or what ever, I just pull the pedal up till it pops into place right beside the brake pedal. :cents:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
The height of the pedal is adjusted by the treaded rod. A small adjustment on the rod will have a much larger effect on the pedal height. I prefer a lower pedal for driving so I don't have to raise my foot as high. I alway adjust to where the clutch is fulled disengauged just before the pedal hits the floor. And then, when I park at a show or what ever, I just pull the pedal up till it pops into place right beside the brake pedal. :cents:[/quote]

That's pretty much where I'm at and it's been like that forever, so maybe I'll live with it or bump it way down on the to do list. Thanks All

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
droptop said:
I was almost afraid to open this thread. :lmao::cents:

:lmao: you could see your Dr about that! :lmao: but what droptop said

Back