• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car electrical behaving badly

hotrod98

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've been extrememly busy and only jump on here to check out what everyone's up to once in a while. I'm starting the paint process on this black 69 runner that I've been working on and it's a mental game just making myself work on it. I love the looks of black cars, but I hate painting them. It's a psychological roadblock for me to work on something that I just hate doing.
Also, I traded my 79 Trans Am for a 68 Road Runner a few weeks ago and I've been tinkering with it even though I promised myself that I wouldn't do it.
As for my wife, she's hanging in there. There has been a new breakthrough in Alzheimer's research and I've been trying to find out more about it. It has shown great promise in animals and they're going to start human testing soon. Can't come soon enough for me.
Sandra has had a blast with the "wingrunner". She's an attention hound and buddy let me tell you, she's been getting the attention. People have gone nuts over the 69 runner since we added the wing. We get a call almost every time we drive it into the city. They either want to know if it's mine or if I've seen it. Too funny. I really had my apprehensions about putting the wing on, but since Sandra's had a smile on her face every time we go out in it...it's been worth it.
I said that I wasn't going to add the Superbird wing decals, but I found a nice set on e-bay for cheap so I went ahead and added them.
We've driven the 69 more in the last few weeks than we've driven it in the last five years. Now I just need to add front disc brakes and I'll feel a lot safer.

hotrod98

Reaction score
This is the only one that I have so far. I keep forgetting to get the camera from the back shop.
The lettering is actually black. Just looks white when the flash hits it since it's reflective.
I would like to remove the word "Superbird" and replace it with "Road Runner" or "Plymouth".

Roadcuda

Reaction score
hotrod98 said:
This is the only one that I have so far. I keep forgetting to get the camera from the back shop.
The lettering is actually black. Just looks white when the flash hits it since it's reflective.
I would like to remove the word "Superbird" and replace it with "Road Runner" or "Plymouth".
Doing that might confuse some people even more. Go for it! BTW, the car looks good with it on there! :thumbsup:

hotrod98

Reaction score
I found this pic over on moparts...I think. It's supposedly a real A12 car.
There have been many winged 69's before mine.

moparstuart

Reaction score
hotrod98 said:
Thanks guys. I've been extrememly busy and only jump on here to check out what everyone's up to once in a while. I'm starting the paint process on this black 69 runner that I've been working on and it's a mental game just making myself work on it. I love the looks of black cars, but I hate painting them. It's a psychological roadblock for me to work on something that I just hate doing.
Also, I traded my 79 Trans Am for a 68 Road Runner a few weeks ago and I've been tinkering with it even though I promised myself that I wouldn't do it.
As for my wife, she's hanging in there. There has been a new breakthrough in Alzheimer's research and I've been trying to find out more about it. It has shown great promise in animals and they're going to start human testing soon. Can't come soon enough for me.
Sandra has had a blast with the "wingrunner". She's an attention hound and buddy let me tell you, she's been getting the attention. People have gone nuts over the 69 runner since we added the wing. We get a call almost every time we drive it into the city. They either want to know if it's mine or if I've seen it. Too funny. I really had my apprehensions about putting the wing on, but since Sandra's had a smile on her face every time we go out in it...it's been worth it.
I said that I wasn't going to add the Superbird wing decals, but I found a nice set on e-bay for cheap so I went ahead and added them.
We've driven the 69 more in the last few weeks than we've driven it in the last five years. Now I just need to add front disc brakes and I'll feel a lot safer.

We need pictures of the 68 also ,way to go dumping the GM for a runner :jester: :jester: :jester: :wave: :wave: :wave:

John69RR

Reaction score
Nice to see you again Hotrod98. The car looks good with the decal. I'm sure it will confuse a lot of people.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah...where's the pics of the '68? :redx:
and one of the Mrs and te '69!

hotrod98

Reaction score
I feel bad about hijacking this thread.

But, here's a pic of the 68. Has rust in the lower quarters and trunk floor. A small amount of rust at one corner of the back glass and a small area in the front passenger floor in the left passenger footwell area. The rest of the car is as solid as a rock.The original 383 is long gone and it now has a stout 440 with MSD distributor and 6AL box. New front disc brakes and exhaust. This car runs great and stops on a dime. It's a bench seat auto on the column and has the deluxe trim package. It was originally UU1 Mist blue met but someone painted over it with a darker blue. The Trans Am that I traded for it was a very nice restored car and was much nicer than this car by far, but it wasn't a mopar. If I don't sell this one it's definitely going hemi orange with black bucket interior. I'll probably leave the auto on the column and keep the runner hood on it since it's totally rust free. I've always wanted a six pack hood, but the good ones are very expensive.

moparmoose3

Reaction score
the thing with the dimmer switch is it may becoming unplugged. if your foot rests next to it as you drive it'll do it i know trust me i'm having that problem now myself. also with it not starting it'll probably be the relay on the bulkhead. mine also did that and i tapped on it a couple times and crossed it over with a screwdriver and it started right up. i just wish there was a way to move the dimmer switch to the lower dash. :cheers: :drive:

Back