• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Hauler

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey guys, I can get a new 7'x18' car hauler for about $2,400. Not sure if this Craig's List Link will work, but. .

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/for/3831833696.html

Any of you out there use a hauler? Will 7'x18' be big enough? Also, I want to mount an electric winch to the front, any advice, etc. for this next project.

By the way, we put a new PowerMaster Clockable billet starter on her and she fired right up.

thanks,

John

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I had an 18 footer and got rid of it as I had overhang with the Runner on it.

If I was to buy another open trailer it would be atleast 20 foot but it depends on what you have to pull with I guess.

I got a 28 foot enclosed now and the dually RAM doesn't even know its behind it

Just my :cents:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
A friend and I just picked up a 16' trailer that I'll be towing my Car to Carlisle with. It measures 6'10" between the fenders which leaves me about 3 or 4" between the car side and the top of the fenders. On my car at least the fender height needs to be no more then 10" which leaves about 2" from the bottom of the door when open and the top of the fender.

DSCN2739.JPG

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
A friend and I just picked up a 16' trailer that I'll be towing my Car to Carlisle with. It measures 6'10" between the fenders which leaves me about 3 or 4" between the car side and the top of the fenders. On my car at least the fender height needs to be no more then 10" which leaves about 2" from the bottom of the door when open and the top of the fender.
You need curb feelers :lol:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
when i had my 20 foot open trailer.....busted a head light and dinged up a few spots from rocks off the rear tires even with mud flaps......never again for me.......24 foot enclosed is the best thing i did

csuk9

Reaction score
How in the heck do you get in and out of the dang car in in enclosed trailer? Seems liked chipped and scratched paint for sure

69B5

Reaction score
csuk9 said:
How in the heck do you get in and out of the dang car in in enclosed trailer? Seems liked chipped and scratched paint for sure

VERY CAREFULLY!!!!!!!!

csuk9

Reaction score
Aaaa yea, my fat ass is not crawling out the window onto the roof and down the trunk. I'll take the chance on the open trailer any day !! :p

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
csuk9 said:

Have it built with two side doors(escape) one on each side that open up and let you open your car door with no problems. :thumbsup:

You can get in/out of any car with no scratch/ding/dent all day long.

csuk9

Reaction score
abodybill said:
csuk9 said:

Have it built with two side doors(escape) one on each side that open up and let you open your car door with no problems. :thumbsup:

You can get in/out of any car with no scratch/ding/dent all day long.

That's a great idea. Never seen it before on personal carrier, but a great idea!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I barrowed a wide enclosed trlr when we pulled the car to Dana point and I had room to get in and out. Sorry no pics of the trlr do to a lawsuit over street damage :lol: Can you see the beautiful B5 out there

Dana Point 106 (640x480).jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
droptop said:
I have a rock gaurd on the front of my open trailer. No issues to date with damage to car.

Bob has one of those too...although his looks a little bit different...more like something Jethro Bodine might have rigged up... :basketcase:

:lol: :acme: :lol:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
droptop said:
I have a rock gaurd on the front of my open trailer. No issues to date with damage to car.

Bob has one of those too...although his looks a little bit different...more like something Jethro Bodine might have rigged up... :basketcase:

You making fun of my redneck stone guard :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: Funny I don't have a pic of that either :lol:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
My trailer. 18'

Don't get anything shorter, Make sure it has brakes on both axles and real trailer tires.

DCP_2247.jpg
DCP_2249.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
droptop said:

you mean nice and stealthy like a real Double Knot Spy would have? :lmao:

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
csuk9 said:
I have my 11 yr old steer the car while I winch it in and I carefully get in to back it out. I am getting the black mat at Carlisle to staple to the wall this year

csuk9

Reaction score
generaljmwlee said:
csuk9 said:
I have my 11 yr old steer the car while I winch it in and I carefully get in to back it out. I am getting the black mat at Carlisle to staple to the wall this year

Nice, we have that may in our horse trailers. We can buy it at pretty much any trailer dealer out here. Great choice.

Back