• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

car market discussion

jays69bird

Reaction score
Its not just our hobby,Its old bikes,old snowmobiles,etc.alot of things have gone up in price,heck go on ebay and look up some of the toys you played with as a kid,WOW! I gave this alot of thought,people tend to look at the past as the good ole days and have a desire to own things from the past,and yes greed is involved.Someone said that the supply of old Plymouth and Dodge musclecars is scarcer and thats true,I remember looking for a Roadrunner or SuperBee back in the early 80s and having to beat the bushes because in upstate NY between the salt and the fact alot of these cars were cut up etc. they were tough to find.I remember going to look at cars only to get there and it was already sold.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
If the exchange rate numbers are right, you have about 20K in the orange car.

Not bad if it has orignal panels that don't need changed out. Body work is not only expensive, it is hard to find somebody to do it correctly. That will get the car back in reasonable time. That won't go out of business. That won't leave the country. That won't sell off parts of the car.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
That's more or less what I wanted when looking for my car. To put it simply I wanted a car that all I had to do was get in and turn the key. While mechanically it had some small issues, they didn't prevent me from getting it on the road right away. Several people who looked at it , either mechanics for body guys, all felt it was a very solid, virtually rust free car, that they said has all the original sheet metal. I can only take their word for it. I got it for 22K four years ago after seeing most of the cars of that quality going for much more then that at the time, I felt I got a real good deal on it.

Your car is super nice inside and out; you'd have a hard building one that nice for that much considering what rolling shells and complete cars needing restoration are going for even in this global recession...

I think you and CWR did really well on your purchases. JMHO.

:jester:
Ray

CWR

Reaction score
I've gone to a couple of cruise nights and most guys that seem to know say I have a very straight up car body wise.....you can still see the factory pebbly coating on the inside of the rear quarters. runs well, works well. That is basically what i want..........something to play with and have some fun at cruise nights, shows etc. There was a '70 GTX there tonite that the owner bought NEW in late '69. That's it for tonite

Back