• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car show rant-fellow mopar

djais1801

Reaction score
So I am at a car show yesterday before work, and a guy is walking around my car, gently picking it apart regarding what interior trim I am supposed to have, yada yada, and tells me he has this 69 GTX over there. So I am polite, walk over to his car, which is a bright yellow, with bright yellow (incorrect year one wheels and caps)...I ask him what color that is (expecting GY3, or something..he says "Yellow", no shit...
The quarters were repro'd, as were the marker lenses as they protruded from the quarter...the tips were wrong, and look under the hood, and it had a fender tag from a 68, which didn't have a vin# on it... so maybe even a 67 or below fastened with pop rivets not screws. I bit my tongue and did not point any of this out.

Rant over

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I've had people critique cars over the years. Usually I just ask where their car is (they never have one) and that's the end of it. This is different and I probably wouldn't have held my tongue.

That's the beauty of owning my 300... I never get that crap...

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been meaning to talk to you about some of the things that need to be straightened out on that 300... :basketcase:

Big John

Reaction score
I've been meaning to talk to you about some of the things that need to be straightened out on that 300... :basketcase:

And I'll just ask at Carlisle "and where's your car?"

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was going to post the picture of me sitting your 300 in response...and I cannot find a copy of it anywhere. Probably lost it when my hard drive got a virus a couple of years ago. Dammit. :facepalm:

Big John

Reaction score
Geez.. This was back when it still had the spotlights.

70300_zps97f9fa96.jpg

quikbird

Reaction score
I am not a restore it to perfection guy so I really don't care if someone picks on my car, I have fun with it and I think that is the ultimate standard. do you enjoy the car! no one else's opinion matters. by all means rant away, we understand and we sympathise

69B5

Reaction score
I think we all have had this happen to us.
The ultimate to my car was when I overheard a father explaining to his son that my car as a "Judge" and was the car in the Dukes of Hazard.
I tried to explain but they just walked away.
I feel sorry for the kid

djais1801

Reaction score
I think we all have had this happen to us.
The ultimate to my car was when I overheard a father explaining to his son that my car as a "Judge" and was the car in the Dukes of Hazard.
I tried to explain but they just walked away.
I feel sorry for the kid

i thought your car looked like "liberty blue".

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
Yep, get used to it LOL. I remember debating with some asshat at Mopars in the Park about my Red Sports Stripe. He said they didn't come on the cars. I showed him the V6R option on the Fender Tag. He looked at me like I was an alien and walked away. You'll have your share of toolbags out there.

69B5

Reaction score
Fran, I KNEW I had seen your car somewhere before... :basketcase:

:jester:

YA!!
I hope Daisy Duke didn't mind riding in a blue car without the confederate flag and has a strange sounding horn
I wish!!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and that is why the top on the 300 hasn't been down since....

A12

Reaction score
So I am at a car show yesterday before work, and a guy is walking around my car, gently picking it apart regarding what interior trim I am supposed to have, yada yada, and tells me he has this 69 GTX over there. So I am polite, walk over to his car, which is a bright yellow, with bright yellow (incorrect year one wheels and caps)...I ask him what color that is (expecting GY3, or something..he says "Yellow", no shit...
The quarters were repro'd, as were the marker lenses as they protruded from the quarter...the tips were wrong, and look under the hood, and it had a fender tag from a 68, which didn't have a vin# on it... so maybe even a 67 or below fastened with pop rivets not screws. I bit my tongue and did not point any of this out.

Rant over

You should have just complimented him on his GTO and told him that yellow is was pretty rare and that Pontiac only did about 300,000 in that color.......:lol:

Back