• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Show

John69RR

Reaction score
Nice pics Dave. Thanks. Didn't happen to see Bernie Kosar there did you? He is from Boardman.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
John69RR said:
Nice pics Dave. Thanks. Didn't happen to see Bernie Kosar there did you? He is from Boardman.

Have you seen him recently, or heard him speak recently? I think he has some some kind of medical condition...and I'll just skip over the rumors of alcoholism that are so rampant on the internet... I saw him on Fox Sports Florida not too long ago. He was providing commentary on the Hurricanes' Orange Bowl Victory over Nebraska his Freshman year. He was slurring his words and seemed to be having a really tough time... Couple of my buddies from Ohio have mentioned that they have noticed the same during other broadcasts... Damned shame, whatever the problem is...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
John69RR said:

wouldn't know him to see him

John69RR

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
John69RR said:

Have you seen him recently, or heard him speak recently? I think he has some some kind of medical condition...and I'll just skip over the rumors of alcoholism that are so rampant on the internet... I saw him on Fox Sports Florida not too long ago. He was providing commentary on the Hurricanes' Orange Bowl Victory over Nebraska his Freshman year. He was slurring his words and seemed to be having a really tough time... Couple of my buddies from Ohio have mentioned that they have noticed the same during other broadcasts... Damned shame, whatever the problem is...
Didn't know about his "condition". He was involved with the Browns for a few years as an advisor when Savage and Crennel were there. I read where he has fallen on financial hard times. Amazing, the kid graduated a year early with a degree in finance.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
John69RR said:
Amazing, the kid graduated a year early with a degree in finance.

He gave most of it away to teammates that had fallen on hard times, any family members that asked for it, and any charity that knocked on his door from what I have read. He didn't really squander it (as in gambling, bimbos, or drugs) - he just didn't know how to say "no"...

Back