• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carb Spacer

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Summit has this, $44.95
aluminum 1"thick open square bore
Is this what you guys are using?

hly-17-27_w.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
does it matter if it is open like the one in my pic, or have four seperate holes? Holley on a Edelbroke Torker.

dobie

Reaction score
I used a composite 4 hole one for my double pumper. Got it from Summit. 1" I believe.

A31PKG

Reaction score
If you are using a stock intake, then the best insulator is the one with individual throttle plate holes. If you are using an open intake (like a Torker) then use an open insulator/gasket. IIRC the ones made of phenolic (sp?) resin will keep the most heat away. I remember a good article within the past few years on dyno testing the various spacers/insulators, and the above info is what my old brain recalls....wish I could remember the magazine....maybe MOPAR Action?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
If you are using a stock intake, then the best insulator is the one with individual throttle plate holes. If you are using an open intake (like a Torker) then use an open insulator/gasket. IIRC the ones made of phenolic (sp?) resin will keep the most heat away. I remember a good article within the past few years on dyno testing the various spacers/insulators, and the above info is what my old brain recalls....wish I could remember the magazine....maybe MOPAR Action?
Craig your brain cells aren't old, look at Jim S. he still functions pretty well :jester:

Jim S.

Reaction score
Craig your brain cells aren't old, look at Jim S. he still functions pretty well :jester:

Hey, "whatsyourname", knock it off.... :lol:

A31PKG

Reaction score
The hardest part is when you can't recall what you recalled after you recalled it...... :huh:

JJRJR

Reaction score
Guys, do those spacers add power? What are the pros/cons of them? I read the same article mentioned here about testing different spacers, and seems like they got better dyno pulls, but not sure what actually makes them give more power??

thanks,
John

Back