• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle - who`s going?

torredcuda

Reaction score
I know it`s five months away but my plans are already made. I am doing my usual - heading down Thursday towing my Barracuda, leaving Sunday morning, staying at Holiday Inn Express in New Cumberland. I hang out in the E-bodies.org tent, hopefully I`ll my bird done and bring it down in 2024.

droptop

Reaction score
:thumbsup2: Haven’t missed one in 25 years. See ya there. 11 hours each way. Usually the trip is as adventurous as the destination.

torredcuda

Reaction score
7-8 hours from New Hampshire, although one year I left at 2 am Sunday morning in my `06 Charger and made it back in 6!

RonLiv

Reaction score
Ron, is that your convertible next to Mac’s A12? What year was this if you remember. My guess would be 2018 for 50 years of the Road Runner.
I'm pretty sure this was the 50 Year anniversary of the Road Runner, yes. Although this could have been from the 2019 show when I think they documented the A12's. That was a special show as well, all the A12 Birds & Bee's lined up was really fun to see. Love those cars. Someone had a drone and posted pictures and I pirated this picture and kept editing down it until I found my car. I parked next to a B5 blue convertible, so it was easy to pick out the two together. Mine has the white interior and boot. Mac's A12 would have been with the other A12's so maybe this was 2018. Prior to the summer 2018 show, Ralph Barbagallo put out a call for different examples of the various models and I volunteered to have mine as the Convertible. I was really kind of nervous as my car is pretty far from perfect. Nonmatching, the paint isn't exactly the right color, not an N96 car but I have it on the car, the gaps are way off, there are far nicer examples than mine. Ralph was pretty cool though, all he told me was make sure it's clean, LOL. Michael Belcarz was the one who was going to talk about the car, he could have picked it apart if he wanted but didn't, he was very kind.

I always try and park next to someone with a tent and steal their shade. It's hot as hell there in the summer with absolutely no shade anywhere. I think there is one frickin tree. I usually wind up in the grandstands before I melt.

Last edited:

droptop

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this was the 50 Year anniversary of the Road Runner, yes. Although this could have been from the 2019 show when I think they documented the A12's. That was a special show as well, all the A12 Birds & Bee's lined up was really fun to see. Love those cars. Someone had a drone and posted pictures and I pirated this picture and kept editing down it until I found my car. I parked next to a B5 blue convertible, so it was easy to pick out the two together. Mine has the white interior and boot. Mac's A12 would have been with the other A12's so maybe this was 2018. Prior to the summer 2018 show, Ralph Barbagallo put out a call for different examples of the various models and I volunteered to have mine as the Convertible. I was really kind of nervous as my car is pretty far from perfect. Nonmatching, the paint isn't exactly the right color, not an N96 car but I have it on the car, the gaps are way off, there are far nicer examples than mine. Ralph was pretty cool though, all he told me was make sure it's clean, LOL. Michael Belcarz was the one who was going to talk about the car, he could have picked it apart if he wanted but didn't, he was very kind.

I always try and park next to someone with a tent and steal their shade. It's hot as hell there in the summer with absolutely no shade anywhere. I think there is one frickin tree. I usually wind up in the grandstands before I melt.
Yeah 2018 was the year I met you at Ralph’s tribute to the Road Runner. Goldie was in building T and Red Skelton was used in the first and last of RR’s. A red 68 hemi car and Red were parked face to face with Geoff Skunard and Rob Wolfe talking about both eras of the RR. Steve’s (RoadCuda)69 RR was also showcased at the same time. That was a very busy weekend trying to keep up with both cars.

Does anyone remember the banners that were hanging in building T? This one is hanging in my back room.

AAB947DE-38EE-47CE-A744-94513E3FF97D.jpeg

Oh yeah, also the year I blew my knee out on Friday evening.

Last edited:
Back