• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle wrap up

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Saturday night I had the opportunity to attend the first Mopar Hall of Fame induction ceremony. The first inductees were the Ramcharger, and Sox and Martin racing teams, Dick Landy, Larry Rathgeb, Otto Rosenbuch, Ray Nichels, and Cotton Owens. It was emceed by Herb McCandless. It ws a very enjoyable evenin with many stories from all the attending inductees, and good stories of those who have passed on.

carlisle 2012 001.JPG

carlisle 2012 005.JPG

carlisle 2012 004.JPG

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Sunday! Now I understand what people have said abut how much different it is on Sunday at Carlisle. I know that the heat had a lot to do with it but the place did now have a lot of empty vender spaces.

carlisle 2012 008.JPG

carlisle 2012 009.JPG

carlisle 2012 010.JPG

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Last word, the real reason we stayed for Sunday. Richard Petty was there for autographs! We got there a little after 7 and the line was already forming so before we walked around I place my chair in line. I was glad I did because that line got very long, for those that were there it stretched from Dukes blvd, all the way to the outside road in the grounds, and then down that road. At abut 10:30 they had us all get up and tighten up the line, and at about 10:50 Richard arrived, and as a bonus he brought Dale Inman with him! It was worth the wait, which went by fairly quick! I left there very happy!

carlisle 2012 019.JPG

carlisle 2012 025.JPG

carlisle 2012 024.JPG

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Almost forgot the odds and ends. One is a pic of the "High and Mighty II" of the Ramchargers, and I'm sure that you guys would want to see a pic of Miss Carlisle, so here it is!!!

DSCN1611.JPG

DSCN1666.JPG

Steve

Reaction score
Cool pics Steve,especially Miss Carlisle :thumbsup:
How did the car go on the return trip,was everything ok with no issues ?

moparstuart

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Sunday! Now I understand what people have said abut how much different it is on Sunday at Carlisle. I know that the heat had a lot to do with it but the place did now have a lot of empty vender spaces.
i got to meet richard in 07 great guy , great experience

P6200132petty kingrr.JPG

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Way to go Steve :thumbsup:

That would been the only reason to stay on Sunday.

Glad you got to meet and shake the "King's" hand :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
abodybill said:
Way to go Steve :thumbsup:

That would been the only reason to stay on Sunday.

Glad you got to meet and shake the "King's" hand :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Yeah Bill, that's something I'll never forget!!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Steve said:
Overall Steve, it ran great! In the high heat it ran at around 190*. The problems came when I got stuck in stop and go traffic for 90 minutes and then it shot up to 230 and was often wanting to stall out, which it did once, it started right up, so every time I had to stop I shifted out of gear to keep the rpms up to keep the water moving. Once I got moving again it went back to running the same temps. And I got around 12 mpg, so I was pleased with that.

dobie

Reaction score
Glad you made it home ok. I stopped by the tent early Sunday morning and both the cars were still there. I came back around sometime near 1200 and you guys had left.

Steve

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Steve said:
Overall Steve, it ran great! In the high heat it ran at around 190*. The problems came when I got stuck in stop and go traffic for 90 minutes and then it shot up to 230 and was often wanting to stall out, which it did once, it started right up, so every time I had to stop I shifted out of gear to keep the rpms up to keep the water moving. Once I got moving again it went back to running the same temps. And I got around 12 mpg, so I was pleased with that.
Good to hear :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
dobie said:
Glad you made it home ok. I stopped by the tent early Sunday morning and both the cars were still there. I came back around sometime near 1200 and you guys had left.
Sorry I missed you Steve, We got there just before 7, and after putting my chair in the autograph line we walked around for a bit and I was back in line by about 8:30. We got lucky that Petty was in fact about 10 minutes early and went right to work so being near the front of the line I had my brief visit with the King and we were on the road by 11:30. Vinny left before 8 IIRC.

dobie

Reaction score
No worries. It was very nice meeting you though on Thursday and Friday. Beautiful car too!

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
I had a small prob on the way home. The nut for the pinion/yoke backed off
Was able to get it to my friend house .got the seal today and tightened every thing up so it's back home now.figured gas milage when I got home Sunday came out to 16.25 mpg

Back