• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

carlisle

Roadcuda

Reaction score
yeah...and you only got to meet Richard Petty

I saw her a bunch of times over the weekend. They set their autograph tent up next to the fun field, and it happened to be in the same row my class was in so I walked by there numerous times when she was there. I heard that she was almost two hrs late to one of the signing sessions while people stood there waiting in that heat and humidity!!! FWIW, I was never rally a fan of the show, I didn't watch it that much so seeing Petty again meant more!!

69B5

Reaction score
I get your drift.
Back then and even now, I never watched much TV. And that included racing and the drags.
I did how ever liked the Friday Night Fights and did try to see them often

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I'm not knocking you Fran. It's always a thrill to be honored by a celebrity and more so when it's Miss Daisy herself!!! You know Fran there are always some people who like to stir the pot. :groucho:

Last edited:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
We were there with the 300 on Friday and Saturday. Looking at parts on Friday on the hot asphalt got an old foot problem roaring, so my time on Saturday was spent in my chair. I never did see much on the show car field.

E0C128EE-928F-488F-9B53-8F1F3569343D_zps2jdp3cm7.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Your car is sweet. I'm a big 300 fan and yours looks even better without Ray's big butt in it :thumbsup:

69B5

Reaction score
We were there with the 300 on Friday and Saturday. Looking at parts on Friday on the hot asphalt got an old foot problem roaring, so my time on Saturday was spent in my chair. I never did see much on the show car field.

E0C128EE-928F-488F-9B53-8F1F3569343D_zps2jdp3cm7.jpg

Hi Big John
The heat affected every one
I'm glad I got to talk with you and Steve
You two were the only ones from the site that I saw

Back