• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle

TOMRR

Reaction score
Off to Carlisle, Not taken the RR this year, Taking my Jeep JK

279734777_5076616595737407_4019912311196553420_n.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I went. IT WAS BLOODY HOT. Good time though. Saw Bob, Harold, Mac, and finally met Joe White. Joe hasn't been on here in quite a while, but he was always a really good guy and I had wanted to meet him in person. Turns out that I already knew his son and didn't even know that they were related... Thanks for that tidbit of info, Mac.

torredcuda

Reaction score
I was two hours into my eight hour trip down from NH towing my Barracuda on Thursday morning when my `18 Ram 2500 decided it didn`t want to work anymore. It flared during a shift and then got stuck in drive, luckily I was close to a rest stop and after shutting it off it reset so it was shifting again. Unfortunately that didn`t last long as a couple more miles and it acted up again and now the engine light was on, after hitting the next exit and checking fluid fluid (it was good) I knew I had to turn around and head home. Extremely pissed/bummed I missed it but I guess there is next year - maybe I`ll have the road runner done?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Sorry you had bad luck with the truck. It always happens when on the road and not close to home. Let us know how it gets fixed like a sensor or what.

torredcuda

Reaction score
I`m pretty sure it was the extra strain of towing that did it although it was probably already weak and that just showed the problem sooner. I pulled a P0871 code when we were at the exit which is a pressure sensor but my gut says it`s probably worse than just a sensor replacement, my guess is it will need a new or rebuilt transmission. I`m hoping to hear from the dealer this afternoon.

torredcuda

Reaction score
Sorry you had bad luck with the truck. It always happens when on the road and not close to home. Let us know how it gets fixed like a sensor or what.
Just got the word - it`s toast, said hydrolic problem inside which means replacing it, luckily it`s covered under warranty. The problem now is there are none available and could be two months to get one. :(

Back