• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle2014

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
Just booked my hotel room for Carlisle this year! Anyone else going?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I am. Hampton Inn in Mechanicsburg.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I'm staying at the Microtell Inn in Enola this year. It's a bit cheaper then the Ramada has been.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
Hotels.com just like last year. Saw the price and jumped on it!

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
Hope others are staying in the same hotel don't want to be grilling all by my self!

droptop

Reaction score
Jason, we are going again this year but will be staying at another hotel. That place has done nothing but go down hill after the forieners took over. We might do a drive through one night to say hi to everyone.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I sure want to, but I'm not holding my breath. Been a rough winter, and our oldest is getting married in August, so I'm playing it by ear.

bobtile

Reaction score
My room is reserved, I hope i can do it financially though. This winter has absolutely destroyed me. And its not over yet. We'll see.

bobtile

Reaction score
I think I'll check out hotels.com. maybe i can get something more affordable.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I think I'll check out hotels.com. maybe i can get something more affordable.

Do your "shopping" there and then reserve by either calling or by the hotel's web site. I've found that the sites like hotels.com aren't all that reliable for getting everything correct. When you check in and complain... they will do absolutely nothing to correct it. You also may not be able to cancel your reservation.

Prices are the same.... It's just easier to compare prices and check availability, but in the long run, you'll come out way ahead booking your room directly. If for some reason it is cheaper... Tell the hotel! They will match the price!

bobtile

Reaction score
Do your "shopping" there and then reserve by either calling or by the hotel's web site. I've found that the sites like hotels.com aren't all that reliable for getting everything correct. When you check in and complain... they will do absolutely nothing to correct it. You also may not be able to cancel your reservation.

Prices are the same.... It's just easier to compare prices and check availability, but in the long run, you'll come out way ahead booking your room directly. If for some reason it is cheaper... Tell the hotel! They will match the price!

they do show whether or not the room is cancellable(is that a word?) or not. Your probably right that dealing with them directly is better, but its nice to see every option layed out for you on one page.

droptop

Reaction score
I used Hotels.com one year for the Nationals in Ohio. No record of the resv. Wound up staying 50 miles out. Never again.

Back