• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle2014

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Maybe book with them and call the hotel to confirm reservation?

I travel quite a bit. Take my word for it. Don't book through any of those sites. I've tried it a few times and have been unhappy almost every time. No reservation at all at one place... Wrong room at one place, even though we paid for an upgraded room.... Smoking room at one place when we were specific about non smoking. Each time we were told at the desk that there was nothing that could be done BECAUSE WE DIDN'T BOOK WITH THEM. My daughter inlaw used to work at high end hotels in management. She told me they have no obligation to change or make anything right.

I now book any hotel through the hotel chain sites and never have a problem.

BTW, the best discount seems to be my AAA membership. Everyone takes it.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I've been using Expedia to get rooms and with one exemption there have been no problems. That problem was not getting the no smoking room and they wouldn't budge on it. At least the smell of smoke was tolerable.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
Used hotels.com last year no problem
Just called hotel and I am confirmed for the right dates and price

Last edited:
Back