• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carpet

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I need some help :huh: I need a pic of how your carpet is cut at the steering column and the gas pedal linkage :popcorn:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I have mine laying over the linkage like that but I think it gets cut around it. I was in a big rush to get the cat smell out of the car and I didnt take a pic. I see your carpet was replaced, the peddal goes on top of the carpet, get that taken care of before I get there and have to do it :devil: Thanks Gary. Anyone else :popcorn:

mcmopar

Reaction score
My replacement set from Auto Custom Carpets (ACC) came with a pre-cut slit for the linkage.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
My replacement set from Auto Custom Carpets (ACC) came with a pre-cut slit for the linkage.
Thanks John. I put the hole in and was thinking about a slit for the part that swings. Now I can finish her up :thumbsup: I got mine from Trim parts and it fit pretty well, but nothing is cut. I even had to put in the dimmer grommet!

mcmopar

Reaction score
:thumbsup:
I didn't get a dimmer grommet either. I really need to put one in because I kind of mucked up the hole for the dimmer switch. Do you know where I can get one?

BBillyC

Reaction score
I just did mine a couple of days ago and after much cutting and pushing to get it to fit up onto the fire wall it worked out veru well. The area of the gas pedal I cut a slot to allow the rod to slide through and another for the swing arm. Make sure it is just clear so it cant jam the throttle on you. The flap in the centre i layed up over the horizontal linkage rod and glued it above. The grommet that came with the kit was a bonus. Spray adhesive is great stuff.

John69RR

Reaction score
Bob, for the seat holes I used a soldering iron. The heat melts the fibers and they won't come apart.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
John69RR said:
Bob, for the seat holes I used a soldering iron. The heat melts the fibers and they won't come apart.
Thats the same thing I'm going to do. Its all glued down now and I guess I will order sill plates and make them fit like everyone has to do. I was hopeing for a AMD would come out with them.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
:thumbsup:
I didn't get a dimmer grommet either. I really need to put one in because I kind of mucked up the hole for the dimmer switch. Do you know where I can get one?
John. Try Trim Parts or Legendary it came in my kit, I had to put it in. The carpet fit well everywhere but the 4spd hump, good thing it has a console.

Back