• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carpet

dobie

Reaction score
Ok, so now comes the carpet installation time. :cool:

The carpet I have is from Trim Parts, bought probably 4 or 5 years ago. I had thought I was gonna put it in right away, but I obviously got side tracked for a few years.

So any tips or tricks, or anything I should know about? Sounds like I need to cut out holes for the seat belts and shifter...This sound right? Dimmer switch is pre-cut, right?

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Steve,

I don't think anything is pre-cut on the carpet.

I know I got ACC and nothing is pre-cut on this brand.

If it is rolled up take it and lay it out in the hot sun for a day or to and the heat will let it lay flat.

Don't cut any off the sides till ya got it all installed make that your last step and cut alittle at a time eaiser to make 2/3 small cuts and be correct and make one big cut and be short.

The seat holes/seat belt holes I use a sodering gun to poke them in with and it worked ok for me this was from the bottum of car and when everthing was all set in place.

On the dimmer don't forget you have the plastic donut that fits in the hole.

Hope this helps some.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
X2 on the soldering iron for all but 2 of the belt holes and seat mounts, also a little spray glue in a few places helps

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
I would put the seat belts in before cutting the sides. didnt do it and when i put them in it pulled the sides in more.had to glue it together with house hold carpet glue tape!(heat and melt stuff)

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I've never used the plastic grommet for the dimmer switch. not factory, from what I've seen on original cars.

dobie

Reaction score
I figured that was what that was for....... I'm gonna tackle it sometime over this weekend, I hope. It's a bit more complicated than what I thought...

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
I've never used the plastic grommet for the dimmer switch. not factory, from what I've seen on original cars.

True, but it keeps the fibers from the cut hole from jamming in the switch and gives it a cleaner look.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
It was hit and miss some cars got them some didnt. Some say they found the grommet under the carpet.

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
I would can the Trim Parts carpet and get an ACC carpet if you want one that has a little better form to it. I had to do that recently because the Trim Parts one I bought for my Barracuda was completely not useable!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
RoadRunnerJD said:
I would can the Trim Parts carpet and get an ACC carpet if you want one that has a little better form to it. I had to do that recently because the Trim Parts one I bought for my Barracuda was completely not useable!
Is that the company that ships them flat and not rolled up?

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
RoadRunnerJD said:

Yep ACC but,you have to buy from the guy in MO. from what I have read.

ACC does it for him on special orders.

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
RoadRunnerJD said:

Motor Parts South has ACC make his carpets custom from his molds, he also ships them flat. I heard that they are the best. He is over on FBBO and will answer any question you have, very nice guy. ECS buys their carpets from ACC and its the same carpet you would get rolled up but is never rolled and is stacked flat then shipped flat. They are a bit more expensive to ship but are worth it from what I hear.

V269

Reaction score
I too bought an ACC carpet for my car and it fit like a glove. Very nice product. And it was shipped in a large flat box. Came from NOS Reproductions up here in Canada. About 4 hours from me. :thumbsup:

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
You can buy direct from ACC. It does not come flat but fits fine and is a heck of a lot cheaper than getting one shipped flat. There is a limited availability of the ones that are shipped flat because the vendors have to pick them up at ACC and they only get a few at a time. You might be able to get a black carpet shipped flat from ECS or Mopars South fairly easily but it will cost you. The main point is that Trim Parts does not have a good formed carpet and is a waste of money IMO. If you buy a carpet through a vendor, make sure it's not from Trim Parts.

Back